• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=Velmont]OOC: Maybe I should just give up, then, in the interest of keeping the other players from getting too bored. I'm stumped; I don't know what the door means, and have no other clues. I can keep flailing about, but I'll just be last at this point. I normally wouldn't give up, but I don't want to tie up everyone else's PC, either.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After almost six minutes in teh maze, Quozen finally get out of it. Warren welcome him as he get out and lead him to the tribune where all the other contestants. Reynold stands up. "This contest is finished. Congratulation to Semabin, who just won the contest. Veridiel is second and Deos is third. As usual, you can asks for your reward today or wait for tomorrow during the awards. I hope to see you all tomorrow." Reynold climbs down teh steps and start to gives order to some people to start to clean the arena from the Maze for the next day.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Day 6 XP award will be soon posted, as the start of teh 7th day. Watch OCC thread for more detail. Feel free to roleplay a bit during that time.

For te Maze, here some details:

Room 1: Rats & Magpie These two animals, which were some familars of some wizards of Gliran, was acting to attract the attention on two walls. One was the magpie nest, the other was an large enough hole to crawl to teh next room. In the magpie's nest was the key of the door. Here, nothing really hard, the important thing was to not waste time by hesitating.

Room 2: Guess the number There was two numbers, 0 and 100 on each side of a flat stone. It was aksed to write down a number between the two numbers. Each time you write teh wrong number, it takes teh place of one of the other number, most likely reducing teh interval. teh trick to waste less time it was to always take the middle number between the two, like 50 (for a number between 0 and 100), so you cut half teh possibility. I have chosen different number for each of you (31, 44, 56 and 69).

Room 3: Blind love The door was a kind of illusion with tactile effect. Don't ask how it is done D&D mechanic speaking, I didn't care much about it. 'Only lover can pass', and as many knows, love is blind, so by closing your eyes, you could cross this illusion.

Many have asked some clue for that. teh first clue was meant to lead you on guessing on many expression using love. I think Heckler found more than I knew about, except teh one he needed. Funny, as I would have think he would be the one to guess it the quicker, as blind love expression is coming from a Sheakspear act.

Room 4: The wise king
[SBLOCK=Chess Game]
Code:
   ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ 
  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
1 |    | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |    | [COLOR=DimGray]Q[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |
  |____|____|____|____|____|____|____|____|
2 | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
3 |    |    |    | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |    |
4 |    | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |    |    |    |
5 | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
6 |    |    | [COLOR=DimGray]T[/COLOR]  | [COLOR=DimGray]C[/COLOR]  |    |    | [COLOR=White]P[/COLOR]  |    |
7 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | [COLOR=DimGray]T[/COLOR]  |
8 |    |    |    | [COLOR=White]K[/COLOR]  |    |    |    |    |
    A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H

P = Pawn
T = Tower
C = Cavalier
Q = Queen
K = King
[/SBLOCK]
'A good king always listen to his subjects'. The chess game had only one king, a white king. the black pieces was useless and only a distraction. As many have guess, a pwan should have be turned into a queen or onether piece but it didn't, because the game itself meant nothing. If the king listen to his subject, to his pawn, he would see that the pawn are at position: A2, A5, B1, B4, D3, G6. Put it in numerical order, you have B1, A2, D3, B4, A5, G6. Read only the letter and you haev Bad Bag. The white pawn are telling Bad Bag. The good key was in the black bag and eachkey could open only one door, but I forgot to tell the door was painted in black and white for Deos, so I keep the colorless door for the others. At worst, you were wasting one round trying on the wrong door. Choosing teh wrong key was leading you back to the start of the maze, making you lose much time.

Room 5: Gargoyles
"One maze, one exit.
Five doors, two guardians.
One lie, one speak truth.
Only one question, only one answer."

One gargoyles tells the turth, the other lies. You could only ask one question before they dissapear. If you choose a wrong door, you had to retrun to the start of the maze (and lose many rounds) As many have guess, the good question was: 'If I ask the other head to indicate me a wrong door, which one would he indicate me' As a lie + a truth = a lie, you end with a lie and he will indcate you the good door, not the wrong one.

I hope you like that small maze, even if I know it might be long for some.
[/SBLOCK]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen shakes his head. What was that place? The last two rooms he barely noticed, but the second and third rooms... they were nothing but confusion. Nothing about them made sense... perhaps it was a tradition from the Wet Lands? It is certainly nothing like his homeland...

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I would like to point out in the Guess the Number room that you weren't told to write a number down. You were simply provided chalk. Being told to write a number down would have helped immensely.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed the maze.

Thanks Velmont.

Velmont

First Post
IcyCool said:
OOC: I would like to point out in the Guess the Number room that you weren't told to write a number down. You were simply provided chalk. Being told to write a number down would have helped immensely.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed the maze.

Thanks Velmont.

It was meant like that, to raise a bit the difficulty of that room. I didn't want to be too easy either.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: It certainly stumped me. I didn't even figure it out after I had written a number on the stone... And the Lovers' room still confuses me, even after the description.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Day 7 =-=-=-

Today is the finals. The door of the Arena opens and Semabin, Khairi, Octavio, Melinda, Kwella are some others enter the field. The maze that was standing teh day before have been completly removed, leaving only a single large stone floor wiith a circle trace on it. One by one the different duel will be done. At first is planned all the duel for the 3rd position before having the finals.

The Arena is full and many persons have been turned away as there is no more place for spectator to sit down. Today will be the best combats and people are happy to see some action it seems.

Reynold, Warren and Manister are all three standing around the circle and will judge the combats. Some other staff are ready to take care of the contestant after the combat, in case something would turn wrong, but the magic of the ring have been flawless.

Reynold call you into teh circle for your combat, as your contestant move in on the other side.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Octavio, Khairi and Semabin combat will be done at the same time, to not make people wait too much.

Khairi is meeting the chain figther and will fight for the 1st position.

Octavio will fight Melinda, a long sword, shield and heavy armor figther and will fight for 3rd position.

Semabin will meet Kwella and will fight for 3rd position.

Anyone who want to be in the crowd, go on. I won't promise any great things for you, but I'll try to introduce a bit of roleplay opportunity (and not necesserly the betting dwarves...)

To all figthers, I need to know the equipement you will have chosen for your fight.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Khairi wears a chain shirt and carries two scimitars and a small shield. He will declare his opponent for dodge bonus throughout the match and begin using 2 scimitars with shield strapped on back. Initiative +2 HP:21 Ac:18(17 if one weapon)touch 12 flatfooted 13, two scimitar fighting +2 attack, 1d6+3/1d3+1 damage, 18-20x2 crit....scimitar and small, light steel shield bash fighting +4/+3 attack, 1d6+3/1d4+1 damage, 18-20x2/20x2 crit.....one weapon attack +6/+5. Tumble +3.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: You can have only 2 weapons, 1 shield and 1 armor... but nothing prevent you to do some shield bash, so you always can take a small shield as a back up weapon... just an idea like that.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Stats - No changes of chosen equipment (2 scimitars and a chain shirt), but gained a level since last fight
hp 40
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 14; Dodge feat already factored in; Also Combat Expertise feat for a potential +4 AC/-4 Attack)
Scimitar (single attack) +6 (1d6+1/18-20(x2)
Scimitar (dual wielding) +2/+2 (1d6+1/18-20(x2)

Tumble +4 (3 ranks, +3 Dex, -2 ACP)

Remove ads