di Senzio's Tournement: Slum

Verbatim

Explorer
Animus said:
"I have a room in the Red Dragon Inn," she says. "I just arrived here a few days ago."

"Then I shall take you back there and we can discuss with Joe the truth of your story. I am willing to admit that the cuts to your eyes are more extreme than most beggers are willing to go for a few copper bits, but Mongrel has not seen fit to allow me to call upon him for the ability to cure them fully."

~Heal yourself first...~

"Take my arm if you will and I will take us to the Inn, or any other place you would go."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]What do you want to do? If you go to the Inn, as you are in a time warp (your action are still on day 3 of the tounement), you'll move to Nirrassa's room in the RDI, so you have to post here.[/SBLOCK]

Verbatim

Explorer
[sblock=Plans]I am good for anything Animus wants to do. Just trying to get the awkward moments out before the head bashing of vengence begins.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]What do you want to do? If you go to the Inn, as you are in a time warp (your action are still on day 3 of the tounement), you'll move to Nirrassa's room in the RDI, so you have to post here.[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Will do.

Velmont

First Post
Cyrus, lead Nirrassa through teh lum to teh northen part of the port, where he knows a small tavern where the serves the greatest fish and some nice ales that fit well with the plate.

They sits down and asks for a plate. As Cyrus thinks about the fate of Nirrassa, he seems to have forgotten that in a game of card, each palyer have to play before going back to teh first player, and it seems fate is now dealing to him, and a two of clubs... just like the headeach the two voices he hears is giving him.

"You... have... been... cheating!" tells a drunken voice at the bar. Cyrus sees the man. It is a sailor that eh has played lately against him. That time, Cyrus have been living with all that sailor's gold, and half of his friend who is there too, and both seems drunk. He had to ask Mongrel help's on a hand ot make sure he would eb able to get back in teh game following a badluck strike as it can always happen once in a while, but after that, it had been easy to get the money from him, he just don't know how to play.

"I can't be that... bad. I couldn't... lost... at least... not all..." tells the guy who is walking toward Cyrus. "Give me... my money back." He almost fall as his feet strike a chair's leg but maintain his balance and just trip foward to finish both hsi hand on Cyrus Table, his confused look straigth at him and his ale's smell right into Cyrus' nose.

Nirrassa Sitting there calmly, see the picture of teh tavern in her head. It si just like if she was looking into a crustal ball, seeing herslf in teh center. All is black and white but she can see what is happening even behind her. It is a strnge feeling but she seems to start to adapt to it...

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

"I do not believe that the priest would cheat you," she says to the drunk, looking in what she thinks is his direction.

Verbatim

Explorer
As the two drunks made their way towards their table, Cyrus wondered if it was possible for this to have happened at a worse time.

~Let me think...I have used all of your gifts to help others, taken on a blind ward these past few days, and all I asked in return was for a quiet meal and a bath, and you wonder why I question if you are truly looking out for me...~

Even as Nirrassa spoke in his defense, once more seeming to know where the man was standing, Cyrus stood up and leaned heavily once again on his staff. His caught a brief reflection of himself in the cafe's mirror and for a moment did not recognize the gaunt and haunted looking man in the reflection.

~Something has to give and soon...~

Forcing his mind to ignore the pain in his knee for the moment, Cyrus spoke calmly to the man and prayed his voice could reach the man's deeply buried senses.

"Why would I cheat you? You raid the seas for her treasures, and I barely have the strength it takes to walk these days. You and your companion merely hit a rough patch, something that seems to happen to me more often than not these days, yet you can recover quickly should you choose to. Also would I cheat you and then come into this hall knowing I might encounter you once more? Surely I would have slunk away like a curr fearful that you might have seen through my attempt at deceit. So here I stand before you merely a victim of good luck at a time when you fell into a rough spot, and cry your pardon for any ill you may think I did against you and your friend. I know my words may not soothe your perceived wounds, but allow me to give you the last three gold crowns I have and I shall offer to pay for our meals another way."

[sblock=Dip check]Alright...Ayden he isn't, but maybe the +4 mixed with their drunken status and the offer of 3 gps to keep them in their cups might get me a situational bonus.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Three gold pieches?" tells the drunk"You took me... ten gold that night" He turns toward Nirrassa. "And you... schtop schtarring at me."

The man behind tells to his friends. "That thing is blind. Forget it, take the three gold, it will eb enough for the moment. We will come back to him another time to get the gold he will still owe us."

"No. I won't leave.... before he gives usch our gold." tells the drunk. "If you thinks that... that three gold pieches are enough... you are wrong."

The barman, behind his bar, fix the scene with a face that tells he doesn't like the turn of what is happening in his bar.

Nirrassa, from her point of view, see that the drunk have his hand on a dagger hidden in his pant. His hand is calm and doesn't seem to be yet ready to draw it.

Verbatim

Explorer
~If I had not used all of Mongrel's blessings with those burned men...a simple compulsion spell would send him on his way.~

Keeping his face passive and the coins out, Cyrus placed them on the table and left them there.

"Again I tell you that I did you no wrong, nor would I be standing before you if our fates would have been reversed. As you can see the coins have been taking by others, save these I offer back to you and your friend."

Turning his gaze to the more coherent friend, Cyrus' eyes glanced down to the coins on the table.

"Take them for him if he will not take them. They would buy a bottle to share and two warm bed partners as you well know. Do not let his wounded pride make you both suffer on a pleasant day like this."

[sblock=ooc]I am guessing my Dip check failed, but will keep talking until either he draws his blade or they take the offering. Either way, he will only strike first if they make a move towards Nirrassa.[/sblock]

Remove ads