di Senzio's Tournement: Slum

Velmont

First Post
The friend of the drunk grab teh three gold pieces. "That, it will be teh interest. Next time we meet, you better have his ten gold and my five gold you took use by cheating, or you,ll be in serious trouble." he tells to Cyrus. He then turn to his friend "Come on."

"No... no,no,no. I want my pieches now!" The drunkest one tells, puching hsi friends away, he turn to Cyrus and grab him by his collar. "I know... you have it... Where is my gold." He tells so close that Cyrus feels he will be sick just by teh smell of his breath.

Nirrassa, who has been following all that, see the drunk have squeeze the pommel of his dagger.

From behind his bar, the barman shouts at the four "Hey! If you want trouble, get out of my establishment."

[SBLOCK=OOC]For the dip: Too low for the drunk, but seems just enough for the other one.[/SBLOCK]

Verbatim

Explorer
Keeping his desire to vomit in check, Cyrus' voice goes hard and he no longer tries to hide his contempt of the man holding him. The frustrations which had been building over the last few days came out of him in a torrent of anger and disgust which seemed to be aimed at the witless drunk, but was truly aimed only at himself.

"Release me or I will call for the Watch. I am known to them, have used Mongrel's gifts to heal them and have thus far only tried to reason with you as a man. Your friend at least sought to save you from yourself, but I am sick of this charade. You lost. You are perhaps the most witless card player I have ever sat next to, drunken or sober, so why should I cheat? You bet crowns on hands you should have folded on and once I learned your tells, it was easy to take your coin. So now you sit here in the cesspool you call a life seeking something to cling to as you watch the world pass you by. You could have moved on, could have sought a different path, but you lack the drive and will to do so. Then you see me, you think I am a brigand. I offer peace, your shallow grasp on misguided anger forces you to turn it astray. So do what you will, but know there will always be those you feel have cheated you until you change your own luck."

Turning away from the man, Cyrus' hard eyes lock onto the tavern master.

"Call for the Watch. Ask for Sergeant Benedict personally and tell him of someone seeking to rob the priest of the Watch."

The pain in his knee was gone for the first time in months, and Cyrus felt more alive than he could recall. His face twisted into a dark grin as he looked back into the drunk man's eyes.

"I have just raised your bet maggot, and you know what my hole card is, care to see if you can still take this hand?"

Velmont

First Post
As Cyrus speak about the fact he is a cleric, the man holding him seems to throw dagger with his eyes while his friend have a small backward step of surprise.

"Mongrel? That's how you cheat! You ask you god to play for you!" At that moment, he draw his dagger... Cyrus, without even having teh time to blink, see the drunk hand being stop by his friend. Also, the dagger slips from the drunk's hand as Nirrassa whispers a few words. The weapon fall on the table behind him.

"Get out of my tavern!" shouts the barkeeper.

"Forget it!" tells the friend's of the drunk. "We won't get any more money, better leave now."

"He is a thief and a cheater!" shouts teh drunk one. "He is out of reach." replies his friend as he push him out of the establishment.

As they finally leaves, the tavern is silent. A few moment later, the sounds of discussion start to come back, but Cyrus can't avoid to spot a few perosn looking at him and the Katara on teh side of there eyes.

Verbatim

Explorer
The blood still pounded in Cyrus' ears and he felt as though he had been drinking something far stronger than the watered ale he had been sipping on. Picking up the knife the other man had dropped, Cyrus was surprised at the slick coating that covered the blade. Turning to look back at Nirrassa, the smile remained on Cyrus' face, but it was no longer one laced with madness.

"Some of your work I take it?"

Setting it down on the table and wiping his oily hands on his pants, Cyrus saw the looks being sent his way and while a part of him knew that they were not all favorable ones, he did not care.

~I do not know what is happening, but I like it...~

Reaching into his belt, Cyrus pulled five gold crowns and placed them on the counter for the owner.

"I think this will more than cover our meals, as well as calm any angry seas you may see brewing between the two of us in the coming days. I think it will also earn us a drink to replace the ones we have lost?"

Returning to sit beside the blind mage, Cyrus' voice was light as he spoke.

"Did I not tell you this place had the best seafood in town?"

Velmont

First Post
"No problem, we are not in the high district. Everyone here have his problem and I don't throw out people of my establishment for that... as long as you don't make an habit of bringing your trouble here." tells the Innkeeper as he return to his bar.

Verbatim

Explorer
Laughing at her calmness, or perhaps at his borderline madness of the moment, Cyrus took a drink from his cup and sighed.

"What shall we do now? It seems after the way this meal turned out, it is only fair I let you decide."

[sblock=ooc]Well..I think Velmont gave me a good hook to start snapping Cyrus out of his funk, but the day is still yours Animus.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

Verbatim said:
Laughing at her calmness, or perhaps at his borderline madness of the moment, Cyrus took a drink from his cup and sighed.

"What shall we do now? It seems after the way this meal turned out, it is only fair I let you decide."

"I feel like socializing. Let's see what the Winged Flute hass to offerr."

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head in agreement, Cyrus stood up and reached for his staff out of reflex. Chuckling at a joke only he seemed to get, he grasped it lightly in his hand and did not lean upon it for support.

"Then to the Flute we shall go."

Remove ads