DiasExMachina 4ED Update

Zil

Explorer
That that was a very effective video/art montage and choice of music. Looking forward to eventually seeing a Pathfinder version if that happens down the road!

Speaking of the music, what was that classical piece? I feel like I ought to know - it's certainly very familiar.

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
That that was a very effective video/art montage and choice of music. Looking forward to eventually seeing a Pathfinder version if that happens down the road!

Speaking of the music, what was that classical piece? I feel like I ought to know - it's certainly very familiar.

Familiar because it's a commonly used piece of music. It is also my all time favorite classical tune. My mom prefers Midnight Sonata; I prefer this one. It's Symphony No. 7 in A major. There are several variations, mostly based on tempo. This version can be heard in Tarsem's "The Fall" and Proyas's "Knowing". You also would have heard another variation in "The King's Speech".

Dias Ex Machina

To add, Midnight Sonata places third on my list. Bolero ranks number 2. That's a piece seldom heard in its original format but has popped up in a few films. A variation ends Moulin Rouge and another can he heard in Femme Fatale.

Dias Ex Machina

Surely, you have all seen this one coming. At least now it's official. It also officially has a name. DEM is proud to announce that we will be adapting Amethyst to the Pathfinder game system, titled Amethyst Renaissance. This will be an adaptation of Foundations and the soon to be released Evolution books for 4th Edition, not an adaptation of DEM's 2008 D20 game. Remember, this is an expansion, not a shift. We still have at least three books coming for Amethyst 4th Edition. The cover is temporary.

RenaissancePromoCover.jpg

Dias Ex Machina

Finally.

After over a month, the final draft of Ultramodern4’s character creation system has been completed. It now heads off to the players for a final round of testing. Suffice to say, this took a lot longer than I was expecting, having instigated over a thousand changes across the 118 page file. Everything from word replacements to entire class rewriting. This new draft includes one new ladder (the survivor) and one new class, the techie. The character progression is more complicated than even 4th Edition, reflecting the design motive of DEM in regards to U4. Where Amethyst attempts to keep in line with evolving 4Th Edition philosophy, U4 keeps with the traditional 4th Edition mindset—that of freedom of choice and complexity. I still have to read through and edit the Equipment and GM chapters, but these should be easy in comparison. After that, it’s off to its editor and then to layout.

Meanwhile, in the world of Amethyst, all paths lead to the layout artist, Joshua Raynack. The release date of Amethyst lies solely in his hands. When he finishes his layout, we’ll print a prototype and then on the heels of that, the game will be made available.

I’ll end this long overdue entry with a preview of the new SURVIVOR ladder…

SURVIVOR
Regardless of how you have lived or where you were raised, you have always found a kinship with nature. You find salvation where others find death. While others starve, you prosper. No matter the environment, from bitter cold to scorching heat, you know the secrets to best stay alive. You can identify which foods will kill you or which animals will attack you. This is not knowledge gleaned from books but practical experience you may have earned the hard way. You may embark on weekend expeditions in the wilderness or elect to spend your entire life isolated from industry and population. You refuse to depend on technology. If the world were to fall into ruin, you would still survive. In your spare time, you prepare yourself for the next day.
Key Abilities: Constitution, Wisdom

LADDER FEATURES
As a survivor, you gain all the following ladder features at character generation.

BACK OF YOUR HEAD
You gain a +1 bonus to Perception and an additional +1 bonus to Passive Perception.

FREE RANGE
You are trained in Endurance and gain the skill focus feat with it.

HUNTER
You can use Wisdom in place of Dexterity for attack and damage rolls for ranged attacks. You can use Constitution in place of Dexterity when applying it to your AC.

NATURAL EQUILIBRIUM
You gain a +2 bonus to Stealth checks when in a natural environment (forest, grass, snow, etc).

SHRUG IT OFF
You gain +1 bonus to Fortitude defense.

3RD LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +1 AC; +1 Attack; +1 Fort
Select either the ability below or 1040$
Tough it Up: Roll twice for all Endurance checks and take the higher value. You also gain a +2 bonus to Fortitude defense against disease or poison attacks.

6TH LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +2 AC; +2 Attack; +2 Fort; +1 Ref; +1 Will
Select either the ability below or 3,600$
Unimpeded Locomotion: Select two of the following terrain walks: earth walk, forest walk, ice walk, swamp walk.

11TH LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +3 AC; +3 Attack; +3 Fort; +2 Ref; +2 Will
Select either the ability below or 18,000$
Night Eyes: You gain darkvision.

16TH LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +4 AC; +4 Attack; +4 Will; additional +1 to either Fort or Ref.
Select either the ability below or 90,000$
Call of the Wild: You gain climb 3 and swim 3.

21ST LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +5 AC; +5 Attack; +5 Fort; +4 Ref; +4 Will
Select either the ability below or 450,000$
Natural Resistance: You gain resist 5 fire and resist 5 cold.

26TH LEVEL
Enhancement Bonuses: +6 AC; +6 Attack; +6 Fort; +5 Ref; +5 Will
Select either the ability below or 2,250,000$
Commando: You gain all-around vision and truesight 2.

Dias Ex Machina

Amethyst: Evolution will have its PDF release on its creator's birthday.

That's July 9th. POD edition will follow shortly.

I told you I wouldn't lock down a date until we were positive we would meet it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and undying support.

Remove ads