• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice Bag...

sjmiller

Explorer
I got a great wooden box, hand carved in Poland. I can't remember if I got it or if I got it as a gift. Red velvet inside, stunning moon and star carving on the box. If I was on a different computer I could show you pictures.

At Rob Donoghue's suggestion, I repurposed an [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-25005-Parachute-18-Pocket/dp/B000037X0O/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1234247922&sr=8-7"]industrial strength hardware bag[/ame]:

51GBK52MDAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It works like a charm and holds all my dice and my most commonly used minis too. I am also remined of this thread on S-G, which might be useful.

PoeticJustice

First Post
I have an old Crown Royal bag and I also made a few others by hand:
Making Dice Bags

Every dice bag I ever bought from a game store was a cheap piece of crap that fell apart quickly no matter how much I paid for it so I decided I could do better by myself - and I was right.

Did you employ any special technique piercing the die in the pic on your site? It seems like it would be tricky, but it looks really cool.

Ghostwind

First Post
My mom makes custom dice bags very similar to the ones Gamer's Bag used to make. At Gen Con, I had several in which I sold for $25 each. She is currently working on the next batch which will be going out to solicitation to distributors and FLGS.

They are each high quality hand-made and quite large with my company name embroidered on them. Here are some shots so you can see the size comparison to a 12" ruler, that they have a rounded bottom so they will stand on their own, and that they are lined with another layer of material for extra durability (something Gamer's Bag never did with theirs).

dicebag04-size.jpg

dicebag07-size.jpg

dicebag08-size.jpg

I've got a couple left here at the house. Each dice bag is $25 plus $4.00 shipping/handling (unless you are outside the US and then we'll have to figure out what shipping might be). Buyers can either mail me a check or use Paypal. Just email me at creech@dragonwing.net with the info on which bag you want and I'll give you the details.

The available bags are posted below:

Dice Bag #1 - Tan faux suede with black lettering
dicebag03.jpg

Dice Bag #2 - Oriental with black lettering
dicebag06.jpg

To answer your question ahead of time, I cannot embroider anything special on the bag. The machine that Mom uses does the embroidering from a computer image that costs a lot to make in the proper format.

I do have a prototype of a bag that is one-half the size of the original. They will be available at a later date.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.

Paladin

Explorer
...and that they are lined with another layer of material for extra durability (something Gamer's Bag never did with theirs).

Actually, we did - upon request. We found our unlined bags were plenty durable without a lining, but sometimes a lining would make the bag more pleasing to the eye.

Remove ads