• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice Bags and Weddings

ThaDium

First Post
So, I'm getting married in a bit and I'm thinking of buying the groomsmen some nice new dice bags. Monograms, leather, the whole bit.

The bags at thegamersbag.com look good, but the website is a nightmare to navigate. Doesn't seem easy to order on at all. Has anyone ordered from there?

Any advice?

haiiro

First Post
Gamer's Bag makes very nice bags, and their customer service is excellent. They have oodles of options, and they'll work with you on custom logos, etc. Several folks in my group (myself included) have dice bags from them, and I don't think I'd even consider any other kind of bags at this point -- they're that good.

Because of the nature of the company (small family business), they can get very backed up at times. My advice would be to get a firm estimate on how long your bags would be -- and don't order around GenCon time! ;)

mythago

Hero
Aw, darn. I was hoping this would be somebody's story of the "guest favors" at the reception being little lace bags with dice in them!

ThaDium

First Post
haiiro-

I can't seem to get much out of the embroidery section. I can see the first page of each category but the others won't load. Also, the order sheet doesn't seem to allow for multiple bags. Is it easier to just e-mail them to place the order?

Any tips on navigating the website?

cdsaint

First Post
E-mailing them directly is certainly an excellent idea. Paladin and PaladinWife (don't recall actual names right now) not only make a wonderful product, they also take customer service very seriously. I'm sure they will do all they can to help you. In case you didn't pick up on it, I love my bags and recommend them highly.

Chris

haiiro

First Post
ThaDium said:
Is it easier to just e-mail them to place the order?

Any tips on navigating the website?

I got mine in person at last year's GenCon, so I won't be much help on the website questions. One of the guys in my group (thedangerranger from the boards) picked out his style and fabric in person, and emailed them his custom embroidery.

I don't have any problems navigating the site, and the pages all load for me -- perhaps a browser issue for you?

In any case, if you have a general idea of what you want and can't get the site to work for you, I'm sure Paladin and Paladinwife will be happy to help you via email. As cdsaint says, they're good people. :)

ThaDium

First Post
First, let me say, "You guys rock!" Thanks for getting back to me so quickly with this. Now, a few more questions:

How do the fabric bags compare to the leather bags?

There's a bag on the site with black on the sides and red in the middle. I like the look of it. I'm thinking I'd like to do something similar. Maybe the black leather on the sides and a fabric in the middle. So I can personalize it a bit more. The fabric gives more options for that, but I have this thing where I feel like dice bags should be leather. Does anyone know if this combo would work?

Thanks again,
ThaDium

haiiro

First Post
I've only ever handled the fabric bags, and they're very nice. I went with fabric because it gave more options, and because I liked the feel of the finished product -- light but strong, and it won't wear like leather might.

Whether fabric/leather will work sounds like a question for the GB folks themselves -- to a layman (me), it sounds like it would work out fine. ;)

woodelf

First Post
haiiro said:
I got mine in person at last year's GenCon, so I won't be much help on the website questions. One of the guys in my group (thedangerranger from the boards) picked out his style and fabric in person, and emailed them his custom embroidery.

I don't have any problems navigating the site, and the pages all load for me -- perhaps a browser issue for you?

Yes, a browser issue. Sort of. I tried every browser i could get my hands on except MSIE, and none of them rendered the page correctly. But they all got different things wrong, and no two gave me the same look to the page. One would load the images in the gallery, but not update the captions. Another loaded the new captions, but wouldn't change the image. A third loaded all the images at once, in a row, rather than just one until you selected the next one. and so on. Ditto for lots of the other pages. So i suspect that either there's some MSIE-specific coding going on, or just sloppy coding. Nonetheless, i'd recommend them as *the* place to get a dicebag, unless maybe you wanna sew one yourself. Just skip the website and email them, i'd say--don't hold it against them, their bags are great, the website is merely ok.

Remove ads