• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did Anybody Ever Play "Space Opera?"

Shadeydm

First Post
One of my buddies had the boxed set waay back in the day. I remember making up characters but have no recollection of actually playing the game. It seems to me that character creation took a while but that was a long time ago so things are kinda fogggy.

SavageRobby

First Post
kenobi65 said:
Came close to playing it, in college. We got so far as to create characters, but never actually played a game.

Heh. I had that same experience with Space Opera (any a whole host of other games). :)

I do remember reading the rules sometime in the distant reaches of past, and thinking it was more than a little unnecessarily complicated.

P

PaulofCthulhu

Played it lots, back in the day, We did long campaigns of it (alternating with Traveller). We had great fun.

I think between us all we had virtually all the available supplements. Many happy hours playing it, ahhh, fond memories of Immortality Alpha. :)

RFisher

Explorer
Funny how we find certain movies (&c.) exemplify certain games so much.

Especially when you consider many of the games with movie/whatever titles on their covers. Or the movie with an RPG game as the title.

(^_^)

Baron Opal said:
It was definately more "fantastic" than Traveller.

That’s the thing that really gets me about sci-fi RPGs. If you’re going to do fantastic, don’t bother with a complex system. If you’re going to do a complex system, then put some science in your science fiction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads