Did we blow up Cyre (again)? [Eberron]

Did we cause widespread devastation?

Len

Prodigal Member
Slife said:
Look at the bright side - if you *did* blow up Cyre, then you should be getting a huge amount of experience.
No kidding. Prince Oargev turned the annual blowing-up-of-Cyre celebration into a big diplomatic event to promote the independence of New Cyre. The place is full of nobles and diplomats.

Len

Prodigal Member
Here we go...

We're about to find out how big a disaster we caused.

Edit: It seems that New Cyre has survived. Not sure about us yet.

Last edited:

Len

Prodigal Member
Phew! That was close!

In the end, we survived and so did almost everyone else in New Cyre. :D

It turns out that the "demonstration" scheduled for that morning was to be a small, temporary version of the Cyre disaster, and all we did was trigger it a bit early. We managed to escape the dungeon just ahead of the cold gray mist, bypassing various hazards and incurring only a couple of negative levels.

A crowd was gathered in New Cyre to watch the demonstration, and when they saw the cloud boiling out of the mountain they panicked. Cries of "The Dead Gray Mist is come again!" etc. But just before the cloud of mist reached the place where the nobles had been sitting, it stopped and retreated back into the mountain.

Only a few people were killed, and more of them would have been caught in the mist if we hadn't panicked the crowd and got them running.

An illusory image of Patria appeared and threatened to destroy Breland if they didn't grant independence to New Cyre. But it seems that Prince Oargev wasn't really in on this plan

So we're heroes, our pictures are in the Sharn Inquisitive again, and we've got titles and land in Cyre (if anyone ever fixes the Mournlands). Plus, I rescued my father and my aunt from the clutches of the evil Patria.

Patria got away again, but that's to be expected. She's a Recurring Villain until the DM decides otherwise.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
My advice, hire the someone within the Lords of Dust to find and kill her. If she think she can outfox a fiend, I'd like to know what kind of drugs she's on. ;)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Nightfall said:
My advice, hire the someone within the Lords of Dust to find and kill her. If she think she can outfox a fiend, I'd like to know what kind of drugs she's on. ;)
Because it's always a good idea to get involved with the Lords of Dust! Knowing the Lords, she's probably already working for them ;)

Demiurge out.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eh some how I doubt it. It strikes me as a little beneath them to blow up New Cyre. Now blowing up ALL of Argonssen(sp), that's something I think they'd do.

Remove ads