Did You Marry a Gamer?

Did You Marry a Gamer?

• Yes, I'm so incredibly lucky!

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • No, but my spouse is wonderful anyway!

Votes: 101 39.9%
  • I'm single but I wanted to check this thread out.

Votes: 60 23.7%

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Poll inspired by this thread. So did you marry a gamer or could you not hold out? Now maybe you got lucky and your significant other got into gaming AFTER the fact. But were you gamer sweethearts before saying "I do?" For those who aren't married yet that just wished to take a gander at the poll, here is a little encouragement and proof that yes, the wedding can involve gaming. I myself married a wonderful woman who is only an occassional gamer (although she hasn't played D&D in years), but I wouldn't have married a woman who wouldn't let me have the PH as my groom's cake. Enjoy!

32977154-S.jpg

32977160-S.jpg

Odhanan

Adventurer
I'm gaming with my Significant Other, and she is one of the players and sometime DM of our game table.

PS: Gotta love the cake! Looks awesome! :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Odhanan said:
PS: Gotta love the cake! Looks awesome! :)

Thanks. My cousin did it. I was impressed with how well it turned out (though not surprised, she is a professional chef), considering she had never seen a PH before.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Yes I married a gamer. We gamed together for seven years prior to getting married, in fact, there were times during that on again/off again dating period that we were not even speaking to each other out-of-game but would still interact together at the weekly game.

We've just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary and the gaming group's 24th anniversary with both still going strong.

Last edited:

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I've dated a gamer-girl and it was horrendous.
She ruined me for gamer-girls forever.
Her version of reality didn't mesh with actual reality (twisted others words, queen-bee syndrome).

I was so happy when my wife tried D&D and said "I hope you don't get offended, but that was really slow and boring."

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
How to put this... my wife doesn't know the difference between a d20 dice and d20 game. We also have been married for over 20 years. Besides she would probably get a bit moody if I killed her off in a game, so I try not to mix the two.

JoelF

First Post
Once we were dating, my wife joined my game for about a year, and decided that RPGs weren't for her. However, she goes to Gen Con with me every year and enjoys all of the card/board game options there.

Rpjunkie

First Post
My wife had been playing for oh about 7 years before i met her and we've been married 8 years now and we play every sunday. The only thing she hates is making the characters, after that she is all for it :) LOL.

I love it!

RPJ

Remove ads