Difficulty understanding how new Overgods interface with a setting, LA/XP questions

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Question 3: IH-Ascension states that to hit the 999 HD cap, you must be your own universe and stuff. Does this conflict with the HD of, say, orichalcum constructs, or should it just refer to divine manifestations and such?
Hagga... wha... bwuh?! This question is relevant to your campaign and your party?!?!

I may need to look into this. There's one player who always wants to become a lich or a demigod or something. Usually the other players get their way, but it might be fun to give this character the power tripping he's looking for... maybe I can even OD him on it, it sounds like!

Edit: The answer to iron golems is rust monsters, IIRC.

Last edited:

Belzamus

First Post
For power, how's this: (since you apparently don't have Ascension)

As a Transcendental ability (worth 36 ECL): available to those who have pursued the Monk's path to it's absolute conclusion:

Quivering Aura

All enemies who enter your Divine Aura (which at this points is on the order of miles)...explode. Yes, there's a save or something involved, but that's not important.

You don't even have do anything. They just explode. :p

One of my favorite abilities ever.

Howdy Deinos! :)

Deinos said:
Hey UK! In core 3.5, it notes that you can apply advancement to a golem at the rate of 5000 GP per HD (whether its a flesh, iron, ironwyrm, whatever) and something like 20000 or 50000 per size category. This is adjustment to the MARKET PRICE, so even still, a typical wizard will probably be able to afford a triple iron golem the moment

And they have 54 hit dice, size huge, and an insane poison breath. One of my friends -- who I thought was a naive newbie -- made one for his first wizard char ever in 3e in a campaign I didn't myself participate in, for one of those DMs who think core 3e is balanced and its thems evil splatbooks that break stuff... he pretty much Batmanned the whole campaign using core only with no browsing on optimization forums or anything of the sort, and it went into the epic levels.

In my opinion that should only work for spellcasters if they still have sufficient Levels themselves. Money is irrelevant almost at epic levels.

So if a Wizard was Level 30, they could create a Level 30 Iron Golem maximum, regardless of how much money they had.

Deinos

First Post
There's one player who always wants to become a lich or a demigod or something. Usually the other players get their way, but it might be fun to give this character the power tripping he's looking for... maybe I can even OD him on it, it sounds like!

The question wasn't actually relevant to my campaign, more along the lines of finding out whether Divine Rank 24 is going to be the cap for most campaigns or not... which is still pretty damn high.

I'd say its great stuff even for non-power tripping characters, as it really does have something for everyone.

But yeah, its good for power tripping too...

Deinos

First Post
There's one player who always wants to become a lich or a demigod or something. Usually the other players get their way, but it might be fun to give this character the power tripping he's looking for... maybe I can even OD him on it, it sounds like!

The question wasn't actually relevant to my campaign, more along the lines of finding out whether Divine Rank 24 is going to be the cap for most campaigns or not... which is still pretty damn high.

I'd say its great stuff even for non-power tripping characters, as it really does have something for everyone.

But yeah, its good for power tripping too...

Yqatuba

First Post
What happens if someone kills a First One for real? Does the dimension they represent fade away and that universe only has 5 dimensions now?

Howdy! :)

Yqatuba said:
What happens if someone kills a First One for real? Does the dimension they represent fade away and that universe only has 5 dimensions now?

I don't think there is a single answer to this. The dimension might start to crumble at the edges and eventually turn in on itself - like a slow implosion.

A bit like a collapsing Warp Bubble...watch this episode of Star Trek: Next generation...always one of my favourites. :)

Edit: didn't mean to link the clip.

Do a youtube search for Star trek - Next Generation - Remember Me

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I don't think there is a single answer to this. The dimension might start to crumble at the edges and eventually turn in on itself - like a slow implosion.

A bit like a collapsing Warp Bubble...watch this episode of Star Trek: Next generation...always one of my favourites. :)

Edit: didn't mean to link the clip.

Do a youtube search for Star trek - Next Generation - Remember Me

So that makes the Traveler...what? A greater deity? Old One?

Hey guys! :)

Alzrius said:
So that makes the Traveler...what? A greater deity? Old One?

No, it simply makes him one of a race that are able to manipulate mathematical probability.

Yqatuba said:
What if someone killed say, the First One of time? Would the whole universe be permenantly frozen a la Time Stop?

I'd probably try and have time go haywire, pockets frozen, pockets sped up, pockets in a loop, pockets out of sequence etc. Gradually these events would become more and more frequent.

Remove ads