Difficulty understanding how new Overgods interface with a setting, LA/XP questions

Alzrius said:
At which point you'd have Allegiances? ;)

The damage to 'spirit' could be making characters morally irrational. They may no longer be able to tell good from evil. Angels may turn traitor, demons might fall in love.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The damage to 'spirit' could be making characters morally irrational. They may no longer be able to tell good from evil. Angels may turn traitor, demons might fall in love.

There's a great (if simplistic) game idea right there. Some uber-villain wants to eliminate the First One of Spirit so that a demon whom (s)he's fallen for will love him or her back.

Deinos

First Post
Howdy Deinos dude! :)

Atheism wouldn't have spirits though elementals are of matter not spirit so thats possible.

Howdy. Well, I was of course referring to how you said in IH that atheists turn into elementals when they die...

Not sure I follow you here? :confused:

Well, First Ones have one of six dimensional masteries to choose from: Entropy makes them unkillable, Time makes them time travellers, Matter & Thought makes them mostly immune to weapons & spells, etc... but I noticed there's a dimensional mastery for Fate (I think) Entropy and Time, as well as portfolios for Fate, Entropy and Time. But there are no portfolios (per se) for the other 3.

Are you supposed to have the same portfolio as you do for dimensional mastery or can you be a First One of Fate, Entropy or Time and not have those as portfolios?

Hiya mate! :)

Deinos said:
Howdy. Well, I was of course referring to how you said in IH that atheists turn into elementals when they die...

Can't even remember that. DOH! :eek:

Well, First Ones have one of six dimensional masteries to choose from: Entropy makes them unkillable, Time makes them time travellers, Matter & Thought makes them mostly immune to weapons & spells, etc... but I noticed there's a dimensional mastery for Fate (I think) Entropy and Time, as well as portfolios for Fate, Entropy and Time. But there are no portfolios (per se) for the other 3.

Are you supposed to have the same portfolio as you do for dimensional mastery or can you be a First One of Fate, Entropy or Time and not have those as portfolios?

Well there are Good, Evil, Law and Chaos portfolios (ie. Spirit).

There are also Sky, Sea, Mountain and Fire portfolios (ie. Matter).

Thought would probably some combination of Magic and Psionics (Science?)

First Ones would probably have all the relevant portfolios.

This is going to be better handled in 4E whereby I'm setting up the distinction between Portfolio Paths and Dimensional Destinies.

Yqatuba

First Post
For the other 3 dimensions getting destroyed I was thinking.

space/fate: rules of probability stop working right (maybe roll twice on every d20 roll and use the lower one?)

Matter: all matter starts to disintigate and only incorporeal creatures are safe

Thought: no magic or psionics work anymore more not sure what else

Yqatuba

First Post
Hey guys! :)

No, it simply makes him one of a race that are able to manipulate mathematical probability.

I'd probably try and have time go haywire, pockets frozen, pockets sped up, pockets in a loop, pockets out of sequence etc. Gradually these events would become more and more frequent.

I assume beings with slipstream would be immune to this?

Hey there Yqatuba mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
For the other 3 dimensions getting destroyed I was thinking.

space/fate: rules of probability stop working right (maybe roll twice on every d20 roll and use the lower one?)

Or it might be that probability is greater than before (roll twice use best).

Matter: all matter starts to disintigate and only incorporeal creatures are safe

Or maybe all creatures start to break down with incorporeal monsters evaporating first, flesh becoming gaseous, solids becoming liquids etc.

Thought: no magic or psionics work anymore more not sure what else

It could be that intelligences start to reduce, with races becoming primitive and subsequently amoeba-like in intellect.

In fact you could apply that to all dimensions.

Destruction of Matter - strength starts to fall
Destruction of Time - dexterity starts to fall
etc.

I assume beings with slipstream would be immune to this?

Maybe not, since its time itself thats affected, not individuals. Slipstream might give you some protection though or at least let you detect pockets where time is going wrong.

Remove ads