• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Evil Ujio said:
A Hack! The avatar takes a few tentative steps forward before it freezes in mid sentence…
"Dammit. The piggy's just hacked me. Go get Unit-12 if you think you've lost the tail. I may not be able to speak to you for a while." Kluge re-engages his avatar's audio, then reaches in a vest pocket and pulls a small chaotic bundle of wires, green electrical boards, and batteries all held together with electrical tape. He pulls two wires out of the mess and finds the ends as he talks. "You could've waited until I was at the end of the tour, company man." Kluge drops all of the fake subroutines (including the trace), then moves around the frozen avatar to study the hack.

Can I get a Comp Use check to ID how the hack has changed things?

Last edited:

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Once the automatic carwash finishes giving her car a nice cleaning, Kirala "Myahs" and pulls out of the wash bay and onto the street proper, her car now disguised with its new color scheme, polarized windows, and alternate license plate, back-tracking down her original path and heading away from both the direction that the SUV was heading as well as away from the direction of the location that Unit-12 is supposed to be waiting at to be picked up. She keeps a keen eye out for the SUV, just in case it reappears to resume trailing her, and for any new tails that might be the SUV’s tag-team partner as well. She continues driving back down the road away from everything until she’s sure that she’s not being tailed by anyone. All the while she continues to cheerfully listen to her Latino music as she drives down the street.

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"Dammit. The piggy's just hacked me. Go get Unit-12 if you think you've lost the tail. I may not be able to speak to you for a while." Kluge re-engages his avatar's audio, then reaches in a vest pocket and pulls a small chaotic bundle of wires, green electrical boards, and batteries all held together with electrical tape. He pulls two wires out of the mess and finds the ends as he talks. "You could've waited until I was at the end of the tour, company man." Kluge drops all of the fake subroutines (including the trace), then moves around the frozen avatar to study the hack.

Can I get a Comp Use check to ID how the hack has changed things?

Kluge sees the room is frozen in mid-motion, the hack is clean, although abrupt it is clean and not the work of a company man, there is obviously a third party involved in all of this. A woman’s voice speaks, as if she is behind him, “Company man? I could almost be insulted,” the voice is sultry and seductive.

Kluge rolls a 22 check on Computers and can tell that this hack was done by someone else and they locked out the company man. This is a hacker of his skill, perhaps…

Kirala

Kirala pulls out and sees no one tailing them as the car has changed almost completely. She looks in her rear view and a sedan pulls up slowly outside the car wash as they are half block away pausing obviously looking for something. But so far her ruse has worked.

Unit-12

The girl giggles, “Your name is Unit-12, what a goofy name.” She taps Unit-12 to see if he is really metallic and then giggles some more, before she covers her nose, “Hey don’t make fun of my nose, that isn’t nice!”

“Oh my name is Vicky, nice to meet you, and yes these are books, I am reading Tom Sawyer, and I have to do a book report. I hate homework, it takes so long to do,” she scrunches her face in disgust, “haven’t you seen a book before?”

“And my head isn’t big,” she pouts.

threshel

First Post
Evil Ujio said:
A woman’s voice speaks, as if she is behind him, “Company man? I could almost be insulted,” the voice is sultry and seductive.

"'Almost?' I'll try harder next time." Kluge says as his avatar, a featureless monochrome-green silhouette with flashing square cursors for eyes, turns. His eyes flash slightly out of sequence, and move in and out of synch in a regular pattern, like turnsignals at a stoplight."What do you want?"

As he asks, he launches into a full-bore trace routine. "You might want to hurry."

Kluge is attempting a trace, and will spend a hero point to reroll if the unmodified roll is less than 10, ensuring a minumum result of 28.

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Once they’re out of sight of any would be pursuers, she turns into an alleyway and drives down it. While in the alleyway, she presses a few buttons to revert her sedan back over to its previous dark red color, to flip her license plate back to the previous one, and to depolarize its windshields. She drives out of the alleyway and resumes her original course towards the destination address that Kluge provided her. All the time, she remains cheerful and continues to bounce her tail and head slightly in sync with the rhythm of the Latino music playing through her speakers.

As she nears the destination address, she slows down slightly and her eyes scan the surrounding area looking for any signs of trouble or a set-up, including scanning the windows of the surrounding buildings for snipers or spies, as well as trying to pick-out who it is that she’s supposed to be picking up since, she doesn’t know what the person is supposed to look like.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Unit-12

Evil Ujio said:
The girl giggles, “Your name is Unit-12, what a goofy name.” She taps Unit-12 to see if he is really metallic and then giggles some more, before she covers her nose, “Hey don’t make fun of my nose, that isn’t nice!”

“Oh my name is Vicky, nice to meet you, and yes these are books, I am reading Tom Sawyer, and I have to do a book report. I hate homework, it takes so long to do,” she scrunches her face in disgust, “haven’t you seen a book before?”

“And my head isn’t big,” she pouts.
Is it possible that this human is unaware of her misproportions? "In this unit's experience the head of a human being occupies approximatly 10% of total body size. I find it curious that yours occuplies 15.7%."

*Internal Query: Nice; Results: Nice - a function of etiquette; a location in France; a geological substance (ref: stone)* We are not speak of locations, I think. Nor are we speaking of Geology... though we are talking about books. Most likely, I am being rude.

"What is homework? My database would indicate that it signifies work that is done from your place of residence... but you are far too young to be gainfully employed. Are you a slave or indentured servant perhaps?"

"Negative. This unit has never once observed data encoded into processed wood pulp."

As the two converse, Unit-12's sensors detect the approach of a vehicle. He manuevers himself further into the shadow of the dumpster while the car approaches. As it stops near the telephone booth & and no one gets out of the car, he decides that these must be the people who contacted him.

"Thank you for our conversation. It was most informative." Without a further word or look behind him, Unit-12 leaves the girl behind and approaches the vehicle. Reaching it he reaches out and gingerly taps the window.

"Are you the being, designation: Kludge, who contacted me about contract security work?" Curious... this being is obviously not human! Female... and superficially reselmbing a feline. A hybrid perhaps? Wishing he had some shampoo to offer the vehicle's occupants Unit-12 awaits thier response.

Description: Tall, spidery, spare & and gangly, Unit-12 walks partially hunched over (for balance reasons?). It's head is shaped rather like a capsule. It has no facial features except for a glowing baleful red sensory strip around his head. Chassis is a white-gray space-age metal/plastic composite. The robot (it's obviously a robot) looks to be damaged in places and walks with a slight limp. If you listen hard enough, you can hear the faint whisper of hydrolics when it moves.

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"'Almost?' I'll try harder next time." Kluge says as his avatar, a featureless monochrome-green silhouette with flashing square cursors for eyes, turns. His eyes flash slightly out of sequence, and move in and out of synch in a regular pattern, like turnsignals at a stoplight."What do you want?"

As he asks, he launches into a full-bore trace routine. "You might want to hurry."

Kluge is attempting a trace, and will spend a hero point to reroll if the unmodified roll is less than 10, ensuring a minumum result of 28.

Kluge gets a 28 on his Computers roll, he can tell that the hacker is using a private encoded line, but her location can be traced, if he had the time… it will take at least a full minute to get the information needed. Mainly breaking the encryption, which I to say unique and brilliant all at once, almost makes him jealous.

When Kluge turns he sees a woman, she wears a white mask, and she looks animated like a cartoon. She has a slim, sensual build and wears a white leather bodysuit; in one hand is a sword, equally white, her hair is blonde. But the mask covers her face, hiding any features if any the avatar or echo could have.

“Running a trace are we, just a little bit paranoid, I see. What if I just wanted to say hi in my own special way? But really you don’t have anything to fear from me, I just anted to propose a deal, you deliver your precious cargo to me, and I will double what your current employer is offering… what do you say?” she says waiting for a reply.

Unit-12 & Kirala

Vicky giggles, “You sound funny,” but then her frown sours, “That was rude,” she follows Unit-12 to the car pouting, “You can’t just leave like that, didn’t your mom teach you any manners?”

Kirala notices the black SUV pull around the corner directly ahead, about a block away and pulls up in such a way as to block the road. When she glances at the mirror, a sedan creeps around the corner from behind…

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala doesn’t stop at first, but instead slows down as she approaches the pick-up point. She still doesn’t know who she’s looking for, although she notices the little girl and robotic individual standing near the pick-up point. She thinks about it for a moment with a "Hmmm," noise and then says aloud, "Kirala wonder if that 'robo-muscle'." She approaches the curb near Unit-12 and presses a button on her door that lowers the passenger window down a meager one inch to allow for verbal communication.

She asks Unit-12 across preoccupied Kludge’s personal space, "You robo-muscle? Myo."

As Unit-12 replies, she notices the tailing vehicles relocate her again, hardly five minutes after she previously lost them, even though she’d completely changed direction since then - they seem to possess an amazingly uncanny ability to locate vehicles. Kirala says aloud, "Poopy. Tracker-cars back. Myooo."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Evil Ujio said:
Vicky giggles, “You sound funny,” but then her frown sours, “That was rude,” she follows Unit-12 to the car pouting, “You can’t just leave like that, didn’t your mom teach you any manners?”

"This unit is not equipped with a mother. None were needed as organic development was deemed to costly and inefficient. I must go now." Unit-12 turns to the red sedan.

Kirala said:
She asks Unit-12 across preoccupied Kludge’s personal space, "You robo-muscle? Myo."

As Unit-12 replies, she notices the tailing vehicles relocate her again, hardly five minutes after she previously lost them, even though she’d completely changed direction since then - they seem to possess an amazingly uncanny ability to locate vehicles. Kirala says aloud, "Poopy. Tracker-cars back. Myooo."

"Negative. This Unit's designation number is twelve. I have been here for some time. If you give me the description of the individual you are searching for, I may be able to point you in the proper direction."

At the mention of 'tracker-cars' Unit-12 activates his radio transiever and begins cycling through the various frequencies looking for any mention of himself, the strange female driving a red sedan, or out-of-the ordinary activity in the Water Margin area.

Evil Ujio

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
"Negative. This Unit's designation number is twelve. I have been here for some time. If you give me the description of the individual you are searching for, I may be able to point you in the proper direction."

At the mention of 'tracker-cars' Unit-12 activates his radio transiever and begins cycling through the various frequencies looking for any mention of himself, the strange female driving a red sedan, or out-of-the ordinary activity in the Water Margin area.

Vicki taps Unit-12, “Is this your friend?” she waves to Kirala, “Hi cat-lady my name is Vicky, are you Unit-12’s friend?”

The black SUV stays where it is, the door swings open slowly, and a man in a black suit gets out. He is clean cut with dark brown hair and a black tie, he adjusts his clothes before he approaches slowly towards the vehicle.

The sedan behind, keeps its distance…

Remove ads