• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

While giving the detective her best cutesy face look, Kirala answers back, "Kirala likes prowling around; there are many interesting things to see and yummy food to eat here, myah. Oh? Is that so?" She makes a cute little "Hmmm," noise as she puts one finger up to her lips and appears to 'ponder' cutely a moment before replying back brightly, "No. Kirala does not remember seeing fast driving bad people today." She smiles cutely at Detective Takashi and her tail wiggles about on the seat. She adds, "Kirala’s tummy making noise." She grins cutely, waiting for the detective to be done and unblock her path to the restaurants just up ahead.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Evil Ujio said:
Kluge gets a digital voice message from an unknown contact, a female voice, “Morning, impressive job with the banks this morning… any chance your skills would be for hire?”

Kludge slurps noodles, swallows, and records a reply.
"Always, but not indiscrimanately. My services are for those I can trust." Kludge tilts his head back to drain the last of the broth, and sets the cup on the counter. He wipes his mouth clean with a napkin, and continues. "For instance. This so-called 'bank job.' How is it that you heard my name in association with it?" Kluge closes the message, and sends.

He catches Gramp's eye, smiles, and taps his cup with a chopstick. "More, please."

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
Kludge slurps noodles, swallows, and records a reply.
"Always, but not indiscrimanately. My services are for those I can trust." Kludge tilts his head back to drain the last of the broth, and sets the cup on the counter. He wipes his mouth clean with a napkin, and continues. "For instance. This so-called 'bank job.' How is it that you heard my name in association with it?" Kluge closes the message, and sends.

He catches Gramp's eye, smiles, and taps his cup with a chopstick. "More, please."

“Please,” the voice continues, “you give me too little credit Kluge, you are good, but I am just a little bit better, besides if you are willing to hear me out I have a job for you,” she replies in a digital message.

Grandpa Hun nods and spoons more food into the bowl, with his two teeth smile. On the hologram is a commercial for some soda drink with women on the beach and something about beach volleyball androids.

Kirala

Detective Takashi sighs, “Sure,” he produces a card, “but if anything-” he pauses in mid-sentence as if he hears something. He shakes his head, “Looks like I got some work to do, you be careful, lots of dangerous folk out there…”

He turns and gets back into his car, he pulls out into traffic and is gone the way Kirala had just come. Her path is unblocked, and the restaurants up ahead do smell quite good…

Haro

A message plays back, a clean almost mechanical male voice, “Meet at the Jade Fox for a job. Be there at noon sharp.”

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Kluge sits momentarily transfixed by the nubile androids on the holo, but the steamy goodness of fresh noodles brings him back to here and now. He picks it up, and transmits another message before digging in.
"Very well. You talk, I'll eat."

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala smiles and waves the detective off while calling out cutely, "Bye bye now. Drive safely. Myah." She then drives to the nearest genuine Hispanic restaurant, as apposed to a fast food place like Taco Bell, but she makes sure to keep a watchful eye out to see if the detective’s vehicle actually left the area or if he just wants her to think that he did.

She pulls into the restaurant’s parking lot and parks her sedan someplace that has at least some shade, if any such place is available, and then she walks cheerfully towards the entrance door. She goes inside of the restaurant through the front entrance and goes about getting her a table that affords her the best view possible through the restaurant windows to see her car and the immediate area surrounding the restaurant so that she can keep a watchful eye out for the detective, should he circle back around, or for any other sign of surveillance or suspicious activity that might present itself.

She orders a small meal and drink.

Karl Green

First Post
Mr. Black

Harô raises an eyebrow at the message but shurging his shoulder, gets up and cleans his breakfast dishes. He sits down to watch some Vid and wastes some time pulling up maps of the area around where the Jade Fox is located, studing side streets and allyways etc. About an hour before he meeting he gets dressed, checks over his pistol one more time, before placing it in his shoulder holster and dons his black blastic-lined trenchcoat. Finally doning sunglasses he heads to the nearby monorail station and goes to Jade Fox.

Evil Ujio

First Post
Karl Green said:
Harô raises an eyebrow at the message but shurging his shoulder, gets up and cleans his breakfast dishes. He sits down to watch some Vid and wastes some time pulling up maps of the area around where the Jade Fox is located, studing side streets and allyways etc. About an hour before he meeting he gets dressed, checks over his pistol one more time, before placing it in his shoulder holster and dons his black blastic-lined trenchcoat. Finally doning sunglasses he heads to the nearby monorail station and goes to Jade Fox.

Haro walks through the door and is assaulted by the sight of two moreaus on a dance stage dancing in provocative motions, they seem to be either black cats or skunks, but either way they have a strangely alluring feminine charm…

Haro recognizes the proprietor of the Jade Fox, Kitsumi a well dressed fox moreau with a keen if all too conniving smile. He was a local legend an information broker to the kind of people who needed the right kind of information. He smiles, and approaches with a drink in hand, “So I take it Kirala got in contact with you Mr. Black?”

Kluge

“I thought you would listen,” she says, “alright, well I know you have the right credentials for the job. So be a dear and go to the Jade Fox and ask for M. Can you handle that?”

Kirala

The meal is good although the service is slow, and the server is less then cordial with you. People stare at you, customers and staff alike, and all in all it isn’t as inviting an atmosphere as you had earlier surmised…

threshel

First Post
Kluge sends an acknowledgement around the last mouthful of noodles, then steps of the stool and flags the next cab, carriage, or rickshaw that goes by.
"The Jade Fox."

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

As she enjoys her little meal and keeps a sharp eye out towards any old school surveillance methods, Kirala gives Harô a telephone call to his home phone, but, since all she gets is his answering machine, she just leaves a little message on it, "Myoh. Kirala wants date now. Please reach Kirala or be at date place soon. Bye bye. Myah." Of course 'date' and 'date place' were pre-established codes between them and meant that Kitsuni has them a job offer and they should get over to the Jade Fox as soon as possible.

OOC: If Harô has a cellphone, she'll call it also and say the same thing as she does to Kluge below.

Similarly, she gives Kluge the same call, and when he picks up, she says to him "Kirala wants date now at date place. Myoh?"

OOC: Similarly, if all she gets an answering machine with Kludge, she'll leave the same message as she did with Harô above.

Remove ads