• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
Kluge sends an acknowledgement around the last mouthful of noodles, then steps of the stool and flags the next cab, carriage, or rickshaw that goes by.
"The Jade Fox."

Kluge arrives at the Jade Fox, and sees several moreaus of various hybrids milling outside. They give him a suspicious look as he gets out of the rickshaw, many of them exchanging less then happy words with each other before turning their eyes back to Kluge.

Kirala

I will leave the decision to Kluge if he gets your call… so feel free Kluge to take the call if you like.

Elsewhere

“Just another day at the office eh Detective?” the balding officer smirks as he leads Detective Takashi to the body. Splinters and blades of glass encircle the body, tinged with dark crimson, pooling around the corpse.

“Looks like your standard cut and dry, jumper,” the bald officer nods.

Detective Takashi ignores the comment and inspects the body, a middle aged Caucasian male in his early forties with a familiar if now marred face. He puts on gloves and slowly searches the pockets, before the nametag catches his eyes.

“Dr. Jared Hieman,” the detective reads aloud, “top robotics scientist for VSC and Artificial Intelligence pioneer; wow this will be bad press for VSC especially on the eve of the rollout of their next generation androids…”

The balding officer shrugs, “The press has been informed, we have strict orders to keep this as quiet as possible. So I doubt it will affect anything.” Detective Takashi sighs as he continues to look over the body, not really wanting to press the issue and just stick to doing what he did best, solving cases.

Detective Takashi pauses for a moment as a small piece of paper crinkled between the scientists fingers caught his eye. He slips out unnoticed and is able to analyze the paper in seconds thanks to some subtle enhancements to his eyes. There was a short phrase on the paper, “Forgive me Ann”.

threshel

First Post
Elfy said:
"Kirala wants date now at date place. Myoh?"

Recognizing Kirala's phone ID, Kluge takes the call. From the sound, he's traveling by rickshaw.
"Yes, I understand." Kluge leans back in the rickshaw looking puzzled, but a little smile plays on his face in spite of it. "See you there, pretty pretty."

Kluge arrives at the Jade Fox, and sees several moreaus of various hybrids milling outside. They give him a suspicious look as he gets out of the rickshaw, many of them exchanging less then happy words with each other before turning their eyes back to Kluge.

Kluge plasters a blank expression on his face as he pays for the ride. He unjacks his transceiver and disconnects from the net.
No time to be distracted.
Kluge goes inside.

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala gives Kluge a "Bye Bye. Myah," and puts her phone away. She stands up, says to the patrons and staff, "Bye Bye," and gives them a cute grin and little parting wave as she exits the restaurant. She walks out to her car and gives the area a quick look around after she gets into her sedan. She then drives off and over to the Jade Fox at a casual pace, obeying all the traffic rules, and driving safely to her destination. Once there, she parks her sedan in a good place, secures it, and enters the club with a cheerful expression and gat.

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
Kirala gives Kluge a "Bye Bye. Myah," and puts her phone away. She stands up, says to the patrons and staff, "Bye Bye," and gives them a cute grin and little parting wave as she exits the restaurant. She walks out to her car and gives the area a quick look around after she gets into her sedan. She then drives off and over to the Jade Fox at a casual pace, obeying all the traffic rules, and driving safely to her destination. Once there, she parks her sedan in a good place, secures it, and enters the club with a cheerful expression and gat.

Kirala walks in amidst waves and greetings from various moreau patrons; they all vie for her attention as she enters the Jade Fox. The L-like structure lies at the heart of a moreau ghetto in the Gray City. The club has an ostentatious green fox statue sitting out front of the main doors; the interior is clean and very metallic with wall-size monitors of computer images, several stages have dancers parading their scantily clad bodies for the patrons who enjoy drinks, food, and fellow moreau company.

Kitsumi smiles as he sees her and Kluge approach, “Hola chica, now you are a sight for sore eyes, I love the way you look, you always know how to make an entrance,” he grins wagging his bushy tail, “I am so pleased that you all could make it.”

Karl Green

First Post
Mr. Black

Kirala said:
To Harô the same call, and when he picks up, she says to him "Kirala wants date now at date place. Myoh?"

Answering on the second ring Harô answers "Hoi chica. Check. See ya then"

Harô walks through the door and is assaulted by the sight of two moreaus on a dance stage dancing in provocative motions, they seem to be either black cats or skunks, but either way they have a strangely alluring feminine charm…

Nothing he an't seen before. Where he not on 'the job' he might be more interested. But right now he is all business.

Harô recognizes the proprietor of the Jade Fox, Kitsumi a well dressed fox moreau with a keen if all too conniving smile. He was a local legend an information broker to the kind of people who needed the right kind of information. He smiles, and approaches with a drink in hand, “So I take it Kirala got in contact with you Mr. Black?”

Nodding his head, Harô adds with a slight bow "Hia Kitsumi. Is she around?"

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala beams with cheerfulness, and her colorful tail swings back and forth, as she sashays through the club. She cheerfully returns a bright, cutesy smile, a "Myah," and a little wave to those patrons and employees that greet her as she moves throughout the Jade Fox club seeking out its proprietor, Kitsumi. She’s wearing nice looking Latina-styled clothing that shows off her...qualities to their best.

She smiles as notices Klude likewise approaching and, as she comes upon Kitsumi and Harô already together, she greets all of them with a cutesy smile and says "Hola, muchachos. Myah." When Kitsumi’s comments to her appearance and style, she replies, "Mucho gracias," and giggles cheerfully.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Kluge smiles back to Kirala in spite of the tension he feels. He is content to let her lead the way, and attract the attention. When they reach Kitsumi and Harô, Kluge nods in greeting, but says nothing.

Karl Green

First Post
Mr. Black

Harô smiles and bows slightly when Kirala appears "Radiant as always" he adds with a slight smile. He also nods his head to Kluge, as way of acknowledgement. Looking back to Kitsumi he adds "Who else has been invited to our... date? Are we all here?"

Evil Ujio

First Post
Kitsumi smiles at Haro and raises a brow, “Mmm… mmm always so handsome too, I just love the company you keep Kirala. But I don’t want to waste too much of your time, since I am assuming you are here on business,” he winks at Haro, “and not pleasure.”

“This way,” he gestures and leads them to a more private waiting booth, where a slim nondescript white male sits with a briefcase. He wears thin spectacles and seems all business. Kluge though can tell by his posture and tell-tale signs that this man is in fact some type of android, and not really a man at all.

The man-machine stands, “Greetings,” he says.

As an aside I figured I should mention that most people have some type of man-machine interface on the back of their neck to easily process data and interact with computer terminals though keyboards exist many prefer to just jack in. If you have any cybernetic hardware you already have a man-machine interface free of charge, if not then it is your choice, but it is rarer to not have one then to have one.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Kluge's eye's widen momentarily in surprise, or maybe glee. He regains his composure, and nods to the android. "Hello."
Kluge seems fascinated, and his eyes travel appraisingly over the life-like construct. He fails to mention the "man's" true nature.

OOC: Kluge likes tech, and he's having a geek moment. I don't know how common androids are in this world, or if the android's nature is itself significant. Could we get a little context for androids in this world?
Also, do you have any house rules for the Datalink power? I only ask because it might be relevant very soon.
OOC:
OOC:

Remove ads