Dimensions vs Spheres

In IH rules, and in mythology, sure. But the Immortals Set rules which make a point that they can't (it says Immortals can have children, but those children are born mortal with no real special advantages).

This may have been done to distance Immortals from 'gods' by emphasizing they're all former mortals, or maybe to explain why Immortals don't fix things for mortal PCs (they need threats facing mortals, so heroes can arise), or maybe both?

Well in my opinion, when in doubt, follow the mythology. Divine Children are immortal if both parents are immortal. Those with one mortal parent begin mortal, but will have higher stats representing their partial divinity.

Well in my opinion, when in doubt, follow the mythology. Divine Children are immortal if both parents are immortal. Those with one mortal parent begin mortal, but will have higher stats representing their partial divinity.
Yeah, I think the lack of 'born' immortals is a feature of that setting only, not a general rule.

Immortal offspring being mortals with special advantages came in late in BECMI once the Immortals Set rules for Immortals were superseded by Wrath of the Immortals.

Yeah, I think the lack of 'born' immortals is a feature of that setting only, not a general rule.

Immortal offspring being mortals with special advantages came in late in BECMI once the Immortals Set rules for Immortals were superseded by Wrath of the Immortals.

The Immortals Set, while iconic, was by no means a good system. Wrath of the Immortals was an improvement, but both (IMO) were vastly inferior to simply using 1E Deities & Demigods + Manual of the Planes (+ World of Greyhawk deities section for Hero-deities & Quasi-deities; albeit the names make more sense having Hero-deity < Quasi-deity).

Remove ads