• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dinner at Li's

Tormal

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Lord Tannerson stops and smiles at Tormal.

"It is wise to avoid offending Lady Valoria. Besides stories, legends and myths, she also distributes power on behalf of the other Gods. Those that offend her often find the path to self-realization slower to tread. I remember when I first heard stories being told of myself. At the time it seemed a big thing and I was proud.

As for noteworthy tasks, that is an odd question. Strive to make your life noteworthy Tormal. If there is something you wish to accomplish, you must seek it out. Noteworthy tasks do not find you, they do not just happen. You must make them happen by creating and seizing opportunity. If you seek to placate Lady Valoria, then find something to do worthy of stories."

Tormal grins at Lord Tannerson's stout response.

"I figured the Lady's power was not just limited to stories and legends, which is another reason I wish to avoid offending her. On top of that, the yearning for success and adventure flows within my own blood. I must fulfill every ounce of potentail within my body and soul otherwise, I fail myself. Almost anything is better then sitting around to let my body rot away. That is why I wish to hear stories about this group and I some day. Not because of fame or fortune but instead I feel, if done in the right manner, it is a measure of success and and strength."

He sits back a minute and ponders his reply to Lord Tannerson. Finally after a moment he jumps forward in his chair.

"Perhaps I am as not as worthy of language as I could be. When I stated "noteworthy" I did not mean it in the way it sounded. In better words, I was simply asking the group if they have seen any more or better opportunities. But in light of your response, I do understand what you are saying. I DO strive to make my life noteworthy but it seems there are many ways in which to do this. As a matter of fact it seems either the Lady or luck favors this group - we have been presented with many... very many options. I do not expect all of our opportunities to be so clear cut in the future. I am greatful, however, that this one is..."

He stops for a few minutes and listens to the conversation some more. He does tear a reamaing piece of chicken off of the bone and slop it onto his plate. You're extremely suprised - Tormal doesn't usually eat as much as he has here. He takes his time eating and when he finishes he interjects once more.

"Brother Oceas, my friend, I agree with the fact that this group should look for more strength - if there is any to be found. I fear that many of the rumors started about Alya and I may hinder our efforts in that manner, for the time being. That's not to say that we should at least try though."

Tormal listens to Oceas speak of the shrine of heroes...

"While I do not and cannot object, I do have to question the reason in which you wish to attend the shrine of heroes. I do not feel that you need any more guidance then you have already been given. And, if you did, why not simply ask Xanthos for assistance? Certainly he would not reject such requests. As I said a bit earlier, I feel this group has been blessed already. We just have to get up and move on our opportunities. In any case, if you do go, oceas, If it would be ok I would like to see the shrine myself. I wish to gaze upon those who had created such a mark on this world that their names are still spoken of today."

BSF

Explorer
The Shrine of Heroes

The Shrine of Heroes is pretty easy to find. It is in the Southern part of the city. The story is that the Shrine is built on the exact spot that Lord Greerson and Korliss the Championand Hero of Lune fell in battle defending the land. There is a graven image of Lord Greerson and the Sword Korliss in the Shrine. As for visiting the shrine, that is easily done. Walk to the Shrine, enter through the open doorway.

Lord Tannerson took Li to the Shrine. Li and Wu Cho have recently visited the Shrine. Many people have passed in an out of the Shrine during Festival. If any of you want to visit the Shrine, walk on over there. It's open 24/6 364 days a year. Nominated 990 years running as Greerson's most popular, free access, Sacred place.

BSF

Explorer
So, has the group decided on what you want to do? It's really hard to plan out anything for the game if I don't know ahead of time. I suppose I can engineer it so you never have any choice in the matter and just get led from one scenario to the next as my whim dictates, but that really isn't the type of game I like to run. If we can't decide online, then we can decide at the table and probably call it an early night.

Pretty much the same thing regarding the group looking for new members. Was anybody going to actually do that before you leave? Right now, there is no obvious way for Mike's new character to meet the group before you all leave, wherever it is that you are going. If you don't meet him, I suppose it will end up like Deborah.

Russ

First Post
Oceas smiles at Tormal. "Yes I can ask Xanthos for guidance but will I recognize the nature of his response? The gods are sometimes mysterious in their ways. Xanthos allows his followers to exercise free will which is the only true path to balance in nature. The brotherhood which serves Xanthos also serves the needs of man as well and so we feel it is our duty to seek knowledge in order to expand our capabilities. Knowledge is power but wisdom is knowing how to properly wield that power. Only by seeking knowledge from all available sources and experiencing life through deeds, whether they be our own or others, can one hope to comprehend the innate power of the mind and soul. These heroes I wish to study overcame great obstacles in the past. Conflict has always been with us, it is the nature of survival. Perhaps in studying thier lives and deeds or through the power of prayer to Xanthos or any other god who will hear my plea, perhaps I can find some additional knowledge or resource that we ordinarily overlook out of ignorance or disbelief. I am tasked to gather information and knowledge as part of the order I serve. I am also pledged to help our group in our endeavors. Seeking a path of enlightenment serves both masters quite well and pleases me to know my usefulness in life is ongoing. I will post notices at the various inns and taverns, probably the blacksmith shop and anywhere that I feel an adventuring sort may frequent in hopes of harvesting a strong arm and curious mind. I will also keep my eyes open for any I may meet that could be persuaded to join our quests wherever they may lead. I feel we must go forth soon if we are to handle the gnolls and giants before they take too much land and become too entrenched to defeat. Let us make preparations and depart within the next few days before our adversaries consolidate their gains and become more powerful and bothersome than they are now. Pass the food and wine will you. There is no telling when we will miss a meal".

Macbeth

First Post
If nobody else makes a stand for anotehr option, Li will let Lord Tannerson know that we would like to fight the gnolls. Since very few people have voiced an opinion, unless he hears otherwise, Li is going with his best instinct.

As for recruiting people, Li will make a point of heading into town the day after we have dinner, and looking for anybody still hanging around after the festival. He will particularly be on the lookout for that odd looking man from the Diplomat's Debate (Mike's character). He had promise.

Tormal

First Post
Hey man!

I think everyone has been pretty busy. I'll give a quick overview because i'm at work right now. Hopefully somone will give a better summary later or, if i get the chance, I will post one.

Anyway we decided to go after the Gnoll problem in the south west. The group did pick up a new character - Tyrm (mikes character) - who seems a bit odd. He's got long white hair and golden beady eyyyes! :) Anyway we decided to take a raft down the river to the city of Two Forks. That did cost us a bit (300? gp or something close to that). I did have to leave early so if there was anymore perhaps somone else will post it. Wasn't completely eventfull just kickin back on a raft. :)

Tormal

First Post
Hey man, there's no reason to be sorry. It happens, i'm sure we'll post if we're playing then. Look forward to having you play again - don't sweat it.

Remove ads