• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dinosaur Island assisstance

johnpost

First Post
Yeah I'm definately going to get Lost Prehistorica, also loving the bone crafting idea.
Next I want to remodel the Barbarian totem options from Unearthed Arcana as most of the warriors will be Barbarians, so a little variation would be nice.
Here is what I have so far:
Allosaurus - Generic Barbarian abilities.
Anklosaurus - Heavy armour and big bone club, probably gets power attack and some form of crushing blow later on.
Raptor - Wields a clawed bracer, uses Whirling Frenzy and gets Run, maybe some kind of Pounce later on.
T-Rex - Wields a big toothed axe, gets Power attack and some kind of piercing blow to represent bite.
Tricetops - Wields a horn pick, uses Berserker Frenzy, and gets Diehard feat tree and maybe some kind of charge bonus.
Please help me balance these out.

frankthedm

First Post
Here is a book I would recommend for any DM interested in a lost world adventure. Kong himself only takes up the last few pages leaving the vast majority of the book devoted to the dinos and other fauna.

[IMaGel]http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/27470000/27470723.JPG[/IMaGel] The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island: A must read for any Game Master planning on sending the players to a lost world.

"The World Of Kong: A Natural History Of Skull Island is an art book filled with design and concept work from the people at Weta Workshop for Peter Jackson's film King Kong. Presented as if Skull Island really existed, the book shows dozens of animals created for the Skull Island sequences, few of which actually appeared in the final film. Each creature has a name (usually given in Latin), a translation of its name, a general size listing, and a few paragraphs of descriptive text. Material perfect for adaptation into the game system of your choice!"

Quote taken from this website. It converted the critters to the Hero system. Creatures from The World of Kong

The old modules X1 The Isle of dread and WG6 Isle of the Ape deal with a lost world style adventures, though Isle of dread has much less baggage than isle of the ape.

Savage Tide adventure path also has some interaction with the isle of dread too IIRC.

Last edited:

Remove ads