Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
If that was the answer, then I would have said that. That is certainly not the answer, though. Please trust me to come up with the right answer in time :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
If that was the answer, then I would have said that. That is certainly not the answer, though. Please trust me to come up with the right answer in time :)
Okay, will do... You just hadn't been replying wasn't sure what was going on...
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
I think the answer came to me. I talked to a lot of people about this, and I've come to the conclusion that the problem here is where we started. Specifically, we shouldn't have started before the time when I wanted to start. Particularly, one person mentioned something that I think was true of me--I was hoping that in exchange for compromising and starting earlier that I would be able to eke out some advantage to the story, and then when it was instead sent to a net disadvantage over an arbitrary detail, it all came to pile up against me, and I was right--I had just wasted my time and also the players' time. The solution is deceptively simple now that I have thought of it. We will simply close the current Prelude thread down and start a new one where I wanted to start it in the first place. The encounter between Catullus and Kallithyia that will have happened will not be the one from that thread but instead a similar one that doesn't involve any Eleutheria mess. Catullus came in with coconuts, trying to be kind to Kalli, etc. You choose how she reacts--I frankly don't care, but we are going to abstract it away and we are going to assume it and we are not going to play it out. We all assume things for the game, and everyone I talked to agrees that you should be able to do it too and that one of my problems is that I give in to my PCs too much. Hopefully, this will help.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Oh, I don't care how she reacts in the assumption because that is your choice. I've come to the realisation that I can still care about the rest of the game. The real reason I didn't care, I discovered, is because what we were playing didn't matter--it should have just been assumed. So when I say I don't care about that, it's just the same as I'm not upset that Zykovian's mother was killed, nor would I have wanted to play out that part of the backstory Keia wrote--in fact I may have started not caring if I did.
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads