Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil,

For my champion's first level feat . . . what about Divine Spell Power (CD) or Non-verbal spell (Planar Handbook)?

Keeping with his theme that his order should have kicked him out a while ago, but it was mitigated by his healing abilities - both of those would go a long way to making that so.

Especially without Divine Metamagic ;) :)

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Rystil,

For my champion's first level feat . . . what about Divine Spell Power (CD) or Non-verbal spell (Planar Handbook)?

Keeping with his theme that his order should have kicked him out a while ago, but it was mitigated by his healing abilities - both of those would go a long way to making that so.

Especially without Divine Metamagic ;) :)

Keia
Divine Spellpower and Holy Word make my head explode, but what's Nonverbal Spell? Could be cool, let me know how it works.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Also,

how much for an annoited silver longsword?

Thanks!
Keia
2000 Gold--so I suppose that makes it cheaper for a +1 to hit and damage than a magic +1 sword (because it counts as masterwork).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil Arden said:
Divine Spellpower and Holy Word make my head explode, but what's Nonverbal Spell? Could be cool, let me know how it works.
Yeah, like I'm gonna hit Holy Word anytime soon ;) We're starting at 3rd not 13th, right? :)

Here's non-verbal spell - which I like less . . .

Nonverbal Spell [General]
You can cast spells that have verbal components without actually verbalizing the words.
Benefit: You can cast spells with verbal components without needing to utter the actual verbal components. You still make noise when casting such a spell (which may be anything from recognizable speech to elaborate song to simple growls), but the noise is unrecognizable as a verbal spell component. A silence spell still would prevent you from completing the spell, for example. Spells without verbal components are not affected.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Yeah, like I'm gonna hit Holy Word anytime soon ;) We're starting at 3rd not 13th, right? :)

Here's non-verbal spell - which I like less . . .

Nonverbal Spell [General]
You can cast spells that have verbal components without actually verbalizing the words.
Benefit: You can cast spells with verbal components without needing to utter the actual verbal components. You still make noise when casting such a spell (which may be anything from recognizable speech to elaborate song to simple growls), but the noise is unrecognizable as a verbal spell component. A silence spell still would prevent you from completing the spell, for example. Spells without verbal components are not affected.
I do like Nonverbal Spell--I'll allow it. There's other abusable things about Divine Spellpower too (in some ways, it can act as a cheaper but less reliable Divine Metamagic--and if you allow them both, they cause big synergy problems). When I skimmed through CD, those were the two feats I immediately banned from all my games (the first thought that came to mind was actually not Holy Word but a 9th-level cleric casting 26d6 Flame Strikes with his Nightsticks), although admittedly I did miss that Fast Healing 3 one first time around :lol:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
How about Divine Spell Power - but only for willing target spells . . . or only for healing spells. (Willing target spells gets you past the attacking undead with CMW juiced up a whole 2 or three points)

Keia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads