Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery, Part II

Bront

The man with the probe
She giggles and dances with him for a moment before she lets him back down.

She returns to her room, sets her dress aside, puts the Parasal's in her hair at the head of the bed, and drifts off to sleep on her bed of flowers.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha dons her Azure dress, straightens her hair, and heads out and off to the Market to browse.

OOC: She'll probably be looking to aquire a spell or two, but otherwise, she's go no plans. I'll tell you what spells when I figure out myself. Otherwise, let her know if she spies something that catches her eye :)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ok, Vasha is probably set for spells, at least PHB spells, she'll still browse the market and the arcane market to look around for anything exciting. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vasha searches the Grand Bazaar and she sees a startling and amazing variety of different goods from different planets--fine Rowaini silverware, arcane Altanian apparatuses, exotic flowers from Chuliit, soft Larakese silk, and even unusual musical devices from Rhapsodia, like a sonic converter that transforms ambient sound into different sorts of background sounds and music.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha sniffs the different flowers and smiles, and then spends some time around the silk, examining it, feeling it against her skin, perhaps even examing dresses made of it, though she thinks she has enough.

"Ooh, what's that?" She says, asking about the sonic converter. (She's interested in it)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It's a Harmonian Sonic Converter," the pretty woman with crystalline features who is selling the Rhapsodian novelties replies in a delightfully musical voice, "It can transform background noise into beautiful music or soothing sounds, like the sound of the ocean, or birdsong. It's a rare treasure of Rhapsodia, made of special crystals. I have some other amazing things from my home planet to share with you as well! For instance, these earrings are made from a special crystal that transforms very nearby soundwaves to a particular frequency, unique to the crystal that was used to make the earrings, and reverse-transforms any soundwaves from that special frequency back to their normal frequency and amplifies them, retaining high sound quality from a great distance. But why does it matter, you ask? Well, if you have more than one set of earrings made from the exact same crystal and wear one, you can whisper very softly and be heard across a room by the person to whom you give the other pair."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Wow, that's neat. How does this Sonic Converter thingie work? Do you have any crystals that can translate languages?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Basically, the sonic converter is a combination of a simple magical mental link that allows the user to select the sound or music to be produced which interacts with the crystal's lattice structure to rearrange the crystal so it can convert background sound into the desired result."

"Well, there's no crystal that can convert most languages, since that is more than a matter of pitch, but there are converters that allow non-Rhapsodians to hear some of the higher and lower expressions of our language that are inaudible to other races--though they still must know the languages for this to be helpful."

Remove ads