Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery, Part II

Bront

The man with the probe
"Wow, is it hard to work? It sounds like it could be so soothing, to listen to running water while in my room."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, not at all. Here, hold this one up against your heart like so...There, that's good. Now close your eyes, and imagine the sound in your mind's eye, and the sonic converter will transform this background noise from the bazaar into the sound you choose."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha holds it to her heart and thinks of the sound of rustling palm trees and lapping water of an Arrian Oasis... and almost drops it in supprise when it happens. She catches herself. "Wow, that's amazing. Can you make music with that?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, you can! In fact, I've seen some people who became skilled at interfacing with it quickly use the Sonic Converter as a special kind of musical instrument. But you can even put a melody into the crystal and have it play that. In fact, some of the finest quality converters have the ability to store sounds from either your mind or their surroundings and then convert sound to the stored sound in any desired order, so you could have background music that changes every so often to a new tune, useful for reclining langourously or for holding your own dance party without needing an orchestra."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, they aren't cheap, but they are certainly affordable, particularly compared to a large musical instrument like a harpsichord. The basic Sonic Converter is normally 3,000 credits, but I'll sell it to you for only 2,500 credits. You can even get the special one that stores numerous different sonic patterns for only 6,000 credits!"

(OOC: Act now and we'll throw in these three bathroom Sonic Converters, a 1000 gold piece value, absolutely free! :p :lol: )

Bront

The man with the probe
"Wow, that's less than I thought, but unfortunately more than I can afford. I realy like the bathroom Sonic Converters for a quiet shower, I can sing like a deva with it. I'm sorry, but thank you so much for sharing this with me, and I know I'll be looking for one eventualy."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh...that's too bad, but I'm glad these piqued your interest, at least. Come back soon--and if you can't find me here, you can try my nylrys's shoppe in the Merchant's Ward."

Remove ads