Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery, Part II

Bront

The man with the probe
"Alyz, I love you, and I understand. I will be on my way in time, but now is not it. Zythryd needs me still, and so does Niilaa. And I can't just abandon my Sisters."

Vasha steps back and gestures, her features slowly shift untill she looks like the last time she saw Marrik. In her voice, she says "You had so much you wanted to tell him. Tell me in his place. Talk to me, and let out your frustration."

OOC: Silent Image.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I am as close to him as you can get, and it does matter. Please, let it out. Say to him what you've always wished you could say to him."

She smiles the warm and loving smile she remembers her father always did when he looked at her as a child.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Seeing the illusion smile like that, Alyz begins to cry and shakes her head in denial, turning away.*

"Please, stop torturing me! It doesn't matter if you look like Marrik. I could have put an illusion on Louteah if that's what I wanted...It is only the real Marrik that mattered..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"You need to let it out Lhyzra, it's killing you. Talk to me, tell me what you wished you could say to Marrik so long ago." She sits down beside Alyz, and gazes at her with that loving smile.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alyz refuses to look at Vasha.*

"It won't help to tell you. What matters is that the real Marrik died thinking of me that way...There is no remedy for that, certainly not by proxy. It's all well and good for you to tell me 'Marrik had plenty of love in his heart for Arris, so he had a special place in his heart for you' or 'I know Marrik loved you' and all the other things you say, but they are simply wrong, whether you have decided to believe them without evidence or if you know the truth and are simply trying to give a kind lie to make me feel better. Thanks to me, you didn't know Marrik for even close to as long as I did...I know the truth."

Bront

The man with the probe
"You could have dont this with Louteah, but I am a better proxy than you think, being of Marrik." Vasha reaches over and tilt's Alyz's head till their eyes meet. "The burden of Arris not yours to bear alone. Let me bear it with you. Or are you simply going to hide behind your Crown and not confront how you realy feel?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I know how I really feel! It will not help me at all to talk about it--you're only making it worse by bringing it back to surface! I'm not some sad little girl whose troubles are unresolved phantasms that can be put to rest just by talking about it. The fact is that it is too late--talking to you won't let Marrik know the truth. If you can't accept that, then I'm leaving."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha lets the image fade (though she keeps the spell actice). "Alyz, deep down, I know you hurt when people say they hate you. You've built up a defense, but each time it happens, it chips away at you a little bit, and pretty soon, you'll hardly be the woman that Louteah and I love."

"Alyz, I want to help you. I want to try to help ease your pain. Please, if all you need is a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here. If you need to simply vent, or let it out, I'm here. I don't judge you Alyz. You killed my father, yet I am here, I forgive you, and I love you. Please let me help you."

"At least spend some time and consider it... for me."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Vasha...I...I will consider it..."

"Listen...I'd be overjoyed if all I needed was a shoulder to cry on or to simply vent, and of course I would let you help, but sadly, that will not help me...It is out of your hands, Vasha. If there was anything you could do, I would be glad to have you do it...It isn't your fault, Vasha..."

Remove ads