• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Three on the Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kallithyia: Palmaid/Female (Amazon)

RA: [sblock]* An issue common with male societies Kallithyia mused to herself but simply nodded before turning back towards Catullus, her mind was already calculating the possible dangers before her. *

(Conasan) [sblock]“That comprehend spell again? Yours or his?” [/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=T&K]
“That comprehend spell again? Yours or his?” Kalli asks Catullus.

"Actually, I offered to cast it for him, but he cast it himself," Catullus replies in Vaelysh.
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Kalli
[SBLOCK]In High Praetorian
[SBLOCK]“If you could only cast the comprehend languages spell on Kallithyia it would be most helpful Catullus...but sadly it is a personal spell unless you have some way to cast it on others that I am unaware of. Catullus if you would please open the cage so that we can talk as civilised individuals rather than as captors to captive.”[/SBLOCK]*Tiberius waits not moving from his previous position while Catullus opens the cage allowing Kalli to leave it’s confines if she chooses before continuing.*

In High Praetorian (but translated by Catullus)
“Well Kallithyia what do you hope to accomplish now that you are free of the arena and those who would mistreat you? Do you even have any specific thoughts at the moment on that?”[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA: [sblock]* Kallithyia replied with an understanding nod towards Catullus, both could casts spells, that was needed tactical knowledge if things went bad and Kallithyia considered how to act upon it as the cage was opened… *

* Kallithyia stepped closer to the now opened door of the cage, she could dart through if need be and it created a natural bottleneck that would be easier to defend, only one attacker could reach her from where she was now. *

The very tall Palmaid only shrugged at Tiberius’ question. If she could remember the faces she would hunt them down and kill them all one by one or die trying, it was the only way she could eve truly regain her honor in the eyes of her people, but there had been to many and the faces all blurred together. Finally she replied properly. *

“I have no plans,” Kallithyia eyes watched the key in Catullus’ hand with much interest, “Is it the only key to this cage?” [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=K&T]
"I think there's one copy just in case one of them gets lost," Catullus ponders in Vaelysh, "Why do you ask Kallithyia? Oh, and wouldn't you like to come out now?"
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA and Tiberius: [sblock]“If I have all the copies of the key I will sleep in here,” Kallithyia says, it wasn’t much of a suggestion, in Vaelysh, “I cannot be caught unaware and forcefully touched, while in the cage. Also, the males members of this vessel’s crew will not be maimed or killed for foolishly trying to do so...”

She handed out a strong and scared hand for the key as she changed subjects, “you mentioned females crew members, Catullus, are any of them warriors?” [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=K&T]
"Kallithyia, please don't sleep in the cage--we have a nice soft bed for you in your own little cabin, and there's a lock on the door there, so no one can bother you there either..."

"As for being warriors, man or woman, all Praetorians except the Archons, slaves, and the lowest stratum of society are required to spend time training at the military academy, so in some sense, all of them are warriors."
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA: [sblock]“I see,” Kalli nodded reluctantly, dropping her outstretched hand to her side, at the news of the cabin, “then I would like to see this cabin and lock before I make up my mind on my sleeping conditions and I would like to meet these female warriors. I don’t need protection,” her held the gaze of both males as she said this, there was no weakness nor was this a show of weakness, “but a show of force is sometimes all it takes to keep the hounds at bay. I’ll choose one to accompany me at all times on the ship till I feel more comfortable, fair enough?” [/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Kalli & Catullus
[SBLOCK]In High Praetorian
[SBLOCK]“I’m still not completely sure about this Catullus, but you can release Kallithyia to move about the ship if you wish. I assume you have some clothes for her, so please make sure you outfit her before she leaves the room as even an appreciative look at her body may cause her to do something rash based on her experiences.”[/SBLOCK]In High Praetorian (but translated by Catullus)
“I’ll go and speak to the captain and crew about your request and requirements Kallithyia, though I doubt you’ll need the precautions of a guard as the crew will be ordered to leave you alone unless you wish something of them, but I will ask. Even then you’ll likely have to communicate through Catullus so I imagine you’ll be spending quite a bit of time in his company.”

*With that Tiberius turns his back to Kalli and nods to Catullus as he exits the room closing the door softly behind him.*

Rystil
[SBLOCK]*He then heads off to see the captain and impart their requirements, asking first for a few of the female crew to be sent down to the storage area...especially those who may have the language skills to communicate with Kalli.*[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

RA & Tiberius: [sblock]* Kallithyia only nodded at Tiberius’ translated words and watched him make his way across the cargo hold, Kallithyia made no effort to address him again. *

RA: [sblock] * As the door closed her relief was visually evident as her body posture became less pronounced and she quickly crossed the few steps that remained to the Cage’s threshold were she paused only long enough to make sure that Catullus truly wanted her to exit the cage. *

“I tried to be polite,” Kallithyia admitted to Catullus with a weak smile, “but I doubt I behaved as you would have liked me too, Catullus.” [/sblock] [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads