Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm, that all sounds like it would be very complicated and full of intrigue and secret dealings. I guess experience with that makes the situation I just explained seem simplistic at best."
“Well, once I had the backstory, I could guess where things were heading...though I’m not too heavily involved with all that intrigue at home yet, thankfully. Hmm, it’s a pity you don’t have a reason to send Helena somewhere these suitors couldn’t get at her, like the Empire, and keep the balance tipped in your favour, while you find someone who would treat her right. Though I don’t know how the Archons would react to someone with her particular type of blessing,” Tiberius chuckles.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vasha smiles, "Every day I can, I bathe in the waters of Arris. It keeps me close to home, and refreshes me heart and soul."
Ah, so you're connected to the water, like the Nymph I saw in the lake then? From your voice, I can tell how much you love Arris and how much that means to you, but how do you manage if you're away from Arris and it is a desert?

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“Well, once I had the backstory, I could guess where things were heading...though I’m not too heavily involved with all that intrigue at home yet, thankfully. Hmm, it’s a pity you don’t have a reason to send Helena somewhere these suitors couldn’t get at her, like the Empire, and keep the balance tipped in your favour, while you find someone who would treat her right. Though I don’t know how the Archons would react to someone with her particular type of blessing,” Tiberius chuckles.
*Kastor shakes his head.*

"Do that, and they'll stop being nice--one or more will probably attack, and we don't even get to have the one we picked protect us, since we foiled them all."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, so you're connected to the water, like the Nymph I saw in the lake then? From your voice, I can tell how much you love Arris and how much that means to you, but how do you manage if you're away from Arris and it is a desert?
"Arris has left me with the gift of creating true spring water. It's small remnant of my strong connection to Arris, but it makes me happy. I wish I could share it more, but most can't tell the difference."

"And I am a Naiad, but most Nymphs enjoy bathing even if they don't have the same conection to water that I do."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Well, I don't know if I would call them tedious, per se. And there are many women who are just wonderful. Take Lynestra, for instance. She isn't overwhelming like her sister, but she's still extraordinarily beautiful, and smart, and funny, you know? And I've never heard her complain about hunting. Usually levirate marriage seems disgusting, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad for me...I'm lucky that way," Orin ponders.

"Well, deer are kind of standard, but boars are definitely interesting, or larger animals where they can be found. Animals that are better able to put up a fight, ot fleeter of foot, or craftier, all three of those sorts are the best, as they lead to three different sorts of exciting chases that all use different parts of your brain and your athletic skills. Hunting really is the thinking man's sport. In any other sport, your opponent is only playing to win, and they may not be motivated enough to force you to really get a good exercise. But in hunting, they are striving for their life, giving it their all. And you know that this is the angels' way of urging you to give it your all as well, to not let the animal's sacrifice be in vain and to learn from each hunt something new. In some ways, hunting is a transcendental experience."
"Like I said Orin, I but jest. After all, I am woman, hear me roar" El says as she leans a little closer to her beau "It's very stuffy in here" she says fanning herself with her hand "Why are you lucky that way Orin?" El asks following up on his comment about the merits of women.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Arris has left me with the gift of creating true spring water. It's small remnant of my strong connection to Arris, but it makes me happy. I wish I could share it more, but most can't tell the difference."

"And I am a Naiad, but most Nymphs enjoy bathing even if they don't have the same conection to water that I do."
"Well, it sounds like Arris has touched you in a special way--no, not that special way!" he quickly corrects, "But anyway, you should cherish your gift, and I see that you do. You are a very unique woman, Vasha. I think some men would be unnerved by that, but living with Helena, I can only feel a deeper friendship for women like you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Too stuffy? Here, take my fan--I sometimes use it to cool down after a hunting expedition, it's better than using your hand," Orin reaches into a pocket and pulls out a tiny fan, the size of the palm of El's hand, "Oh that. Well, levirate marriage is a bit weird in general, but I guess I see the point of it politically or whatever. So I always had to worry about if Ammon wound up marrying a cow or something, but Lynestra is a stone-cold fox, so I'm safe from the dangers there, and as the second son, that's about the only responsibility I might ever have to worry about. Good times!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, it's good to see there's more to you than the woman degrading loudmouth you sounded like earlier," Vasha teases.

Vasha gives Kastor a hug. "Let me know if you ever do make your way to Ameranthia. I think my Mother would like to meet you. And you should see if you can't take Helena with you. She needs to get out more, and I think would find Amaranthia a place where she could go unveiled."

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
*Kastor shakes his head.*

"Do that, and they'll stop being nice--one or more will probably attack, and we don't even get to have the one we picked protect us, since we foiled them all."
“Indeed, though I wasn’t suggesting sending her to the Empire as a solution, just remarking that it’s a pity there wasn’t something like Ammon’s journey for her to go on, to keep the status quo for a little while longer. So you didn’t tell me yet...what does an heir apparent do with their time?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Well, it's good to see there's more to you than the woman degrading loudmouth you sounded like earlier," Vasha teases.

Vasha gives Kastor a hug. "Let me know if you ever do make your way to Ameranthia. I think my Mother would like to meet you. And you should see if you can't take Helena with you. She needs to get out more, and I think would find Amaranthia a place where she could go unveiled."
*Kastor laughs.*

"Well, I need to keep my reputation as a dandy, you know--can't have them thinking I'm a softy," he winks and grins, "So you won't mind if later I pinch your bottom or something and then compliment your assets, right?"

"Well, I'll try to contact you if I ever get a chance to visit. Helena, however, is pretty much out of the question. There are so many people who would want to kidnap her and make her life miserable...I feel so sorry for my little sis. I wish there was something I could do..."

Remove ads