Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“Indeed, though I wasn’t suggesting sending her to the Empire as a solution, just remarking that it’s a pity there wasn’t something like Ammon’s journey for her to go on, to keep the status quo for a little while longer. So you didn’t tell me yet...what does an heir apparent do with their time?”
"Oh, you know, the usual. Sitting in on stuff with father to learn the trade, being sent on second-tier diplomatic or economic envoys to see if I can handle it alone, and then more fun things that a Rowaini lad is supposed to do, like parties with the other young nobles, flirting with women, and all the rest. Of course raising, breeding, and racing horses is my not-so-secret passion on the side."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
*Kastor laughs.*

"Well, I need to keep my reputation as a dandy, you know--can't have them thinking I'm a softy," he winks and grins, "So you won't mind if later I pinch your bottom or something and then compliment your assets, right?"

"Well, I'll try to contact you if I ever get a chance to visit. Helena, however, is pretty much out of the question. There are so many people who would want to kidnap her and make her life miserable...I feel so sorry for my little sis. I wish there was something I could do..."
"Well, like I said, Mother's on Amaranthia, and it's a pretty good place to hide a beautiful woman." Vasha says. "I'd like to help her, and hope to do something special for her if I can."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"Oh, you know, the usual. Sitting in on stuff with father to learn the trade, being sent on second-tier diplomatic or economic envoys to see if I can handle it alone, and then more fun things that a Rowaini lad is supposed to do, like parties with the other young nobles, flirting with women, and all the rest. Of course raising, breeding, and racing horses is my not-so-secret passion on the side."
“Well, that sounds interesting to say the least. So horses, what drew your interest there?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Well, like I said, Mother's on Amaranthia, and it's a pretty good place to hide a beautiful woman." Vasha says. "I'd like to help her, and hope to do something special for her if I can."
"Right, but it's also a decent place for a beautiful woman to be lost and vanish if a kidnapper plans it right, I'd imagine, and it's a lot farther from here, so that gives more time for pirates or something to waylay the ship and hold her for ransom. I wish it weren't like this, as I'd love to be able to show Helena all the wonderful things she wants to see, but I know father won't go for it, and unfortunately I can see where he's coming from," Kastor sighs.

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“Well, that sounds interesting to say the least. So horses, what drew your interest there?”
"I don't know. I've just always liked it, I guess. There's so much that's rewarding in the process, and it can result in faithful equine companions, winning racehorses, and even money. Of course, if you screw up or don't know what you're doing, you can lose a huge investment. It's a lot of skill, I guess, and it involves somewhat similar skills on a much simpler level to running a kingdom--perhaps when I was little it was my way of 'playing house' with consequences to practise up for when I grew old enough, but I still love it for what it is."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Right, but it's also a decent place for a beautiful woman to be lost and vanish if a kidnapper plans it right, I'd imagine, and it's a lot farther from here, so that gives more time for pirates or something to waylay the ship and hold her for ransom. I wish it weren't like this, as I'd love to be able to show Helena all the wonderful things she wants to see, but I know father won't go for it, and unfortunately I can see where he's coming from," Kastor sighs.
"Well, that's truely unfortunate. But sometimes you have to fight to experience life, as it can be worth the risk."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Well, that's truely unfortunate. But sometimes you have to fight to experience life, as it can be worth the rist."
"For someone like me, I know that's true, but Helena is so delicate and innocent--it would be tragic if something happened to her, and our entire country would suffer. Likely the kidnapper himself, if not other kingdoms, would claim we were trying to hide her away and keep her from marrying, and then we would be invaded, I'm afraid."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"That sounds fairly petty," Vasha says, frowning.
"Tell me about it," Kastor sighs, "It's like I was telling Tiberius earlier--this wedding represents a turning point for the worse, I'm afraid, as the suitors are going to be coming after Helena with renewed effort now that father's ploy has been forced to end."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Too stuffy? Here, take my fan--I sometimes use it to cool down after a hunting expedition, it's better than using your hand," Orin reaches into a pocket and pulls out a tiny fan, the size of the palm of El's hand, "Oh that. Well, levirate marriage is a bit weird in general, but I guess I see the point of it politically or whatever. So I always had to worry about if Ammon wound up marrying a cow or something, but Lynestra is a stone-cold fox, so I'm safe from the dangers there, and as the second son, that's about the only responsibility I might ever have to worry about. Good times!"
El takes the proferred fan with a small dip of the head, her eyes never leaving Orin's and her mouth twitching into a cheeky grin "Why thank you kind sir, you are the perfect gentleman aren't you?"

El begins to lazily wave the fan beside her face, the cooling air helping to keep her impatience in check What do I have to do? Smack him over the head? she thinks to herself Perhaps he's playing a game? Perhaps he thinks it's a hunt and I'm the game? Well I'll out hunt him she ruminates.

El quickly decides to move the conversation to a battle ground that better suited her, one that he would have more passion for - the hunt.

"So Orin. You enjoy the hunt. At the weddings I have had the pleasure to attend in the past there has always been a last hunt for the groom. Will there be such an event here?" El asks, her eyes boring into the noble mans "And, more importantly, if there is one are there any rules I will need to break to attend? Being a woman and all"

Remove ads