Dire Tombs D&D Dungeon Tiles, A Review

Festivus

First Post
I was going to try taking screenshots from Neverwinter Nights toolset and blowing them up to tabletop size for use in representing dungeons and villages and whatnot. I haven't had the time to work on that experiment, but I have the group vneturing to a swamp soon enough that will need some good swampy tiles.

Klaus

First Post
Piratecat said:
Hey, are there any Dungeon Tiles - by WotC or anyone else - that are designed for city campaigns? I'm finding myself wanting to represent streets, roofs, and buildings, and I can't find any accessories to help.

Anyone know?
WotC had that City of Peril poster map, hadn't it?

Stormtower

First Post
Piratecat,

Try searching for Cadwallon Reversible Gaming Tiles. There are four City sets (A, B, C, D) that you will probably be pleased with. They are standard 1" square tiles with daytime and nightime sides (same maps, flip it over for different lighting).

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I've had the best success using Dungeon Tiles for random dungeons. When my players go somewhere I'm not expecting, or I just otherwise just don't have much prep time, I grab my Big Bag of Tiles.

At the table, I use a huge sheet of 1" grid paper as a base and lay out whatever tiles I draw from the bag as the players explore new areas. If I need a particular connector, like a door or archway, I just draw it straight on the sheet rather than hunting for a specific tile. It's kind of like playing Whose Line Is It Anyways with the tiles giving me great set up lines. :)
-blarg

Jaws

First Post
Stormtower said:
Piratecat,

Try searching for Cadwallon Reversible Gaming Tiles. There are four City sets (A, B, C, D) that you will probably be pleased with. They are standard 1" square tiles with daytime and nightime sides (same maps, flip it over for different lighting).
Those are nice.

j.

Remove ads