D&D 4E Disarm Let Us Count the Ways.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am thinking a twisting disarm which would target reflexes instead of Fortitude of the Smashing one its also not batting the weapon into another square but dropping it at their feat...

I want it to be distinct from From knockdown assault and less brassy than the Smashing disarm.
View attachment 99115

But Knockdown Assault seems enough more versatile... I do not think I would want this one.

It might be a better escape tool or method to allow a bit more battlefield mobility without being as risky as the Smashing Disarm.

Heck I actually want knockdown assault to be better than it is most at-wills scale that ability to tag on the end of a charge is alright but the damage delivered only scales based on attribute scaling (no die roll so it doesnt get many bonuses) .

What if you could affect two adjacent enemies in paragon.

Heck in epic I can picture all adjacent enemies affected.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Heck I actually want knockdown assault to be better than it is most at-wills scale that ability to tag on the end of a charge is alright but the damage delivered only scales based on attribute scaling (no die roll so it doesnt get many bonuses) .

What if you could affect two adjacent enemies in paragon.

Heck in epic I can picture all adjacent enemies affected.

Too much?

Too much?

Honestly, I don't recall the text of the power, and since it is in some fairly obscure product that I don't own, I couldn't even tell you what it does at this point. I'd have to get DDI working again, or fuddle around a bunch with the offline CB (which would mean getting some version of windows working, which I don't even own at this point, etc.).

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Honestly, I don't recall the text of the power, and since it is in some fairly obscure product that I don't own, I couldn't even tell you what it does at this point. I'd have to get DDI working again, or fuddle around a bunch with the offline CB (which would mean getting some version of windows working, which I don't even own at this point, etc.).

Fighter Attack 1
Knockdown Assault
You smash your weapon into your foe so hard that the enemy loses its footing.

At-Will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: Strength modifier damage, and you knock the target prone.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

Published in PH Heroes: Series 1.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am currently thinking that it is probably more enhancement that you typically see.. ie multi-marking for the fighter etc

However

Compare to Whirlwind a Sorceror who is a striker admittedly gets an encounter power like this.

You create a small whirlwind that buffets creatures and knocks them off their feet.

Encounter Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares

Target: Each creature in the burst
Storm Magic: You can choose not to target a creature in the origin square of the burst.

Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage, and you knock the target prone.

I am currently thinking that it is probably more enhancement that you typically see.. ie multi-marking for the fighter etc

However

Compare to Whirlwind a Sorceror who is a striker admittedly gets an encounter power like this.

You create a small whirlwind that buffets creatures and knocks them off their feet.

Encounter Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares

Target: Each creature in the burst
Storm Magic: You can choose not to target a creature in the origin square of the burst.

Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage, and you knock the target prone.

Yeah, that one is not bad.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yeah, that one is not bad.

Bssed on that a fighter encounter power ... could be bowling smash/spinning trip and affect knockdown,mark and damage everyone adjacent to your target as an encounter power.

But as far as I can tell the fighter has nothing like that even for a daily. Is it because marking that many and making them stay next to you can be bloody dangerous? LOL

edit: On the other hand there is "come and get it" and bunched up enemies are going to potentially be a target anyway.

I often think they worried too much about fighters stepping on controllers toes and didnt have that worry with some casters but really this affects adjacent enemies and is rather defendery

Last edited:

Bssed on that a fighter encounter power ... could be bowling smash/spinning trip and affect knockdown,mark and damage everyone adjacent to your target as an encounter power.

But as far as I can tell the fighter has nothing like that even for a daily. Is it because marking that many and making them stay next to you can be bloody dangerous? LOL

edit: On the other hand there is "come and get it" and bunched up enemies are going to potentially be a target anyway.

I often think they worried too much about fighters stepping on controllers toes and didnt have that worry with some casters but really this affects adjacent enemies and is rather defendery

You can always MC and pick up the rogue power Bat Aside (Daily 5). I guess its kinda expensive to pick up a daily, but you could Hybrid ;). Its a very nice power, quite amusing in play.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You can always MC and pick up the rogue power Bat Aside (Daily 5). I guess its kinda expensive to pick up a daily, but you could Hybrid ;). Its a very nice power, quite amusing in play.

That is great and I love the visual of throwing your enemy at their allies and if it were Strength based it would make a slick Barbarian power too. It has fair damage with it on the single target. AND its even rattling.

I am thinking for the fighter it needs to be at the end of charge or bull rush instead of (moving the enemy) so that the fighter remains in the thick of it and include marking each enemy.

That is great and I love the visual of throwing your enemy at their allies and if it were Strength based it would make a slick Barbarian power too. It has fair damage with it on the single target. AND its even rattling.

I am thinking for the fighter it needs to be at the end of charge or bull rush instead of (moving the enemy) so that the fighter remains in the thick of it and include marking each enemy.

Cool, invent a power! :)

Remove ads