D&D 4E Disarm Let Us Count the Ways.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Cool, invent a power! :)

duh...

I am thinking the fighters has perhaps closer mechanics off that sorceror one reduce the damage to each to just an attribute bonus and as an attack it gets the marking badaboom. Course having it literally be a bull rush boost is neater. As well.

hmmm a knock down assault doesnt care how big the enemy is you know...

the larger they are the harder they fall would be a neat feat that upped the damage based on size of the enemy for any attack which prones and damages the enemy.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That is great and I love the visual of throwing your enemy at their allies and if it were Strength based it would make a slick Barbarian power too. It has fair damage with it on the single target. AND its even rattling.

Problem as a Barbarian power ... the level 5 Barbarian Powers all induce some specific rage or another.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Are you kidding? Is there ANYTHING cooler than a rage where you pitch your enemies around the room left and right???!!!!???? NO THERE IS NOT! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Oh it has definite bad assed cool possibilities ... I envisioned the first one as a reflection of the rogue abiity. But I guess for the Barbarian to get his juice it is just the starter fuel.

Hmmm perhaps any enemy who misses you with an attack for the remainder of the encounter allows you to slide them 2 squares and knock them prone.

Oh it has definite bad assed cool possibilities ... I envisioned the first one as a reflection of the rogue abiity. But I guess for the Barbarian to get his juice it is just the starter fuel.

Hmmm perhaps any enemy who misses you with an attack for the remainder of the encounter allows you to slide them 2 squares and knock them prone.

Right! I'd go straight for the gold, you hit 'em you knock 'em back 2 squares. If you bloody them, then they're also knocked prone. If you kill them, then toss the body into one of their allies and knock HIM prone!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Right! I'd go straight for the gold, you hit 'em you knock 'em back 2 squares. If you bloody them, then they're also knocked prone. If you kill them, then toss the body into one of their allies and knock HIM prone!

The bloodied knock em prone might happen fairly often for a striker.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It occurred to me that a disarming attack might have the 'rattling' keyword this connects up with the intimidating dominance aspect (and weakens the targets next attack atleast against the one doing it - which isnt quite the idea)

Last edited:

It occurred to me that a disarming attack might have the 'rattling' keyword this connects up with the intimidating dominance aspect (and weakens the targets next attack atleast against the one doing it - which isnt quite the idea)

I liked the idea of rattling. Though in effect it was yet another of the plethora of 'tiny bonus' things that made 4e a bit crazy.

Remove ads