• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disarm Questions

Joust

First Post
This question has probably been discussed before but the search function is not working.

Example:
Fighter with 3 attacks per round
Attack #1: attempts to disarm opponent and fails
Attack #2: attempts to disarm opponent and succeeds
Attack #3: melee attack

Without improved disarm, attack #1 would provoke an AofO.

My questions:
Can the fighter attempt to disarm with each of his attacks if he chooses? or do you get only one disarm attempt per round?

Between attack #1 and #2, the opponent would have the opportunity to make a disarm attempt on the fighter...correct? Would this attempt, if taken, invoke an AofO from the fighter (assuming no improved disarm)?

Would the opponent get his disarm attempt between attacks #1 and #2 if he was flatfooted?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
A character with three melee attacks can do whatever he likes with each of them. He can make three disarm attempts, or two disarms and a regular attack, or a disarm/trip/attack combination move if he feels like it.

If Fighter #1 attempts a disarm and fails, #2 gets a "free" disarm attempt in return. This does not provoke an AoO from #1. In essence, #1 takes the risk in attempting the disarm; if he makes a mistake, he has left an opening, which #2 can exploit without dropping his defenses.

As for your last question, I don't think the rules cover it specifically. I'd rule that the flatfooted opponent does not get his return attempt, but that's just my impression. If someone can find a rules reference that I've missed, I'm liable to change my mind.

Remove ads