Discussion - General Discussion Thread 2010-17

Trouvere

Explorer
Yeah, I still don't get it. If discovering that your PC had stepped outside without your knowledge was enough to stir up activity, it'd go like this:

Jonah: the room is empty!
player A: I come back in.
player B: I come back in. Possibly I say something interesting worth responding to.
player C: I come back in.
player D: I come back in too, but I wasn't around to hear player B. Shame.
player E: yeah, me neither.

How about we skip that tediousness, and somebody just says something interesting worth responding to? I mean, what on earth could be gained from the re-entry conga, except a roll call?

Now, a roll call here would be useful, since there've been a few in passing announcements of impending character retirements in adventure threads of late. Sigh. We've long since reached a point where no one's talking because there appear to be no games and there are no games because no one has any idea if there's anyone still here, or because a game isn't really worth running with the PCs available.

So, who is still here, with unoccupied PCs (or perhaps an unused character slot), who still intends to take part in possible future games?

I have Conuld, Transmuter 5, maybe. Not too enthusiastic about doing anything with him. Also, Gildrim, Divine Bard 3 / Fighter 1, is a few rounds from almost certain death, so I could stat up someone else in a week or two.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yeah, I still don't get it. If discovering that your PC had stepped outside without your knowledge was enough to stir up activity, it'd go like this:

Jonah: the room is empty!
player A: I come back in.
player B: I come back in. Possibly I say something interesting worth responding to.
player C: I come back in.
player D: I come back in too, but I wasn't around to hear player B. Shame.
player E: yeah, me neither.

Just wanted people chatting again.

How about we skip that tediousness, and somebody just says something interesting worth responding to? I mean, what on earth could be gained from the re-entry conga, except a roll call?

That's what I was suggesting a roll call in the RDI at the start of every year or when it goes quiet for a long time.

Now, a roll call here would be useful, since there've been a few in passing announcements of impending character retirements in adventure threads of late. Sigh. We've long since reached a point where no one's talking because there appear to be no games and there are no games because no one has any idea if there's anyone still here, or because a game isn't really worth running with the PCs available.

So, who is still here, with unoccupied PCs (or perhaps an unused character slot), who still intends to take part in possible future games?

I am willing to play/DM (mainly due to 3.5 being my game of choice).

PC's
1) Jonah still needing one approval
2) unused slot lvl 1 - leaning towards elven monk specializing in "Elven Death Pinch"
3) unused slot lvl 1 - leaving open to see if a game needs a character will make to fill

Update: Malice of the Medusa part I is nearly complete, so thinking about a part II.

I have Conuld, Transmuter 5, maybe. Not too enthusiastic about doing anything with him. Also, Gildrim, Divine Bard 3 / Fighter 1, is a few rounds from almost certain death, so I could stat up someone else in a week or two.

Oh no, wasn't he the only survivor the last time you ventured into that swamp? This is why I wish there was some way to play test adventures. Look what happened in my game 4 PC vs 9 skeletons, and the doom effect and the bottleneck from the doorway. Didn't see all that coming yikes.

Good luck hope Gildrim makes it back to the RDI, I really like that character.

HM

covaithe

Explorer
I have Periwinkle, cloistered cleric 1 / sorcerer 1, and Corvinus, Fighter 2, both idling in the tavern. Except, not at the same time, naturally. They'd hate each other. (Fun fact: Corvinus has never rolled a d20, despite being nearly level 3.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
we are allowed 3 characters, right? if so I have an epty slot i was going to put a wizard in. provided Karl makes it back to the RDI alive.

Trouvere

Explorer
PC's
1) Jonah still needing one approval
Oh! I'd missed that. I didn't give the first approval, did I? If not, I'll take a look later today.
Oh no, wasn't [Gildrim] the only survivor the last time you ventured into that swamp?
Yes, he brings death and misfortune wherever he goes. In a way, it's quite cool that his story should come to a premature end, hapless plaything of the not as benevolent as commonly thought Grendath, god of ill luck as well as good.

orsal

LEW Judge

Sir Nurlan the Bard (with an odd dip into one level of Fighter). 6th level, home base in Monemvassia but peripatetic enough to suppose he's back wherever an adventure hook is showing up.

Jo Guilan, half-elf druid, 1st level, semi-retired. I've figured he's not really suitable for LEW setup, but if a DM is looking to fill a spot for which he's appropriate I might be willing to consider it. By "semi-retired" I mean that I'm expecting I'm done with him, but since I haven't used his slot for anyone else, I've not had any reason to make it official.

An unused slot for 1st level. I'll have to check DM credits, but I may soon have enough to start a new character at 2nd level, if that would be useful. And I would be willing to consider introducing a new character if a low-level adventure is needing one.

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'm one of those who has pretty much retired from LEW. Saithnar, and Kurghaz are already done, and Phoenix will be done as soon as her current adventure wraps up. It's been fun, but I prefer 4E and would rather devote my energies to the version of the game I enjoy more.

Manzanita

First Post
I've had a great run at this board, but I'm pretty burned out on the game in general (not this board in particular), for whatever reason. I don't anticipate being active as a judge, DM or PC on any more adventures. I've been an avid DnD fan for 30 years, though, & may well want to come back someday. I hope the board is still around if that happens.

Remove ads