Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
Wow, not sure how it blocked you.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=181381&page=21&pp=40 post 820 is where is it starts. Rystil Arden chimed in, so did another judge I think, and Rae and Orsal agreed.
To summarise--basically, Perform is like Craft and Profession. In 100% of all cases we have seen so far from WotC, Perform (as well as the others) is a single entity when it comes to being a class skill, and it cannot be separated and given in part. In fact, it doesn't even say "Perform (all skills)" but instead just "Perform", indicating that it is the default to receive them all.

Boddynock

First Post
Thanks, that's great. I'm happy to approve Shadya. You still need another approval from one of the 'senior' character approval judges.

[sblock=BTW, just in case you didn't get orsal's last email to you, here it is]I agree with the others about the grapple modifier. My only other problem is with gold -- is there a post where the final cash haul is listed? You link to a post where a bunch of stuff is listed, but did you sell it all, and if so, for how much, and what was your share? Without that, I can't check that your current GP total is accurate.
orsal[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Patlin said:
Without use magic device, a 1st level Ranger can use a divine scroll of a spell on the ranger class list, but only if he has sufficient wisdom.

With use magic device, he couild conceivably compensate for the lack of wisdom.

I believe a 1st level Ranger has a caster level of 0, so there is a 5% chance of miscasting, and then possible mishap.

Thanks. That clears it up. I was not sure if the caster level would be 0 or not have one at all. Also I missed the last part about level checks and wisdom checks.

B4cchus

Explorer
Hi folks,

i found some feats in a dark corner of d20srd.org. The question is wheter these feats are automaticly allowed or if they need seperate approval.
The feats in question can be found here.

Boddynock

First Post
SRD said:
Deities can obtain the feats described here, in addition to any standard feats.
Looks like these feats are only available to deities - so we probably won't need to worry about them for a while yet! :lol:

'Nock

B4cchus

Explorer
Boddynock said:
Looks like these feats are only available to deities - so we probably won't need to worry about them for a while yet! :lol:

'Nock
Altough the text says so, they can be found in various other sources (energy substitution, to name one) available for PC's. They don't seem of such a power level that they are unsuiteted for mere mortals (as do the prerquisites).

Patlin

Explorer
B4cchus said:
Hi folks,

i found some feats in a dark corner of d20srd.org. The question is wheter these feats are automaticly allowed or if they need seperate approval.
The feats in question can be found here.

Some of them might have been modified/prohibited by proposal, but they are otherwise allowed. (Persistent Spell and Energy Substitution, and I think one more, have been canned... unless I'm thinking of LEB.)

Trouvere

Explorer
I have a vague recollection that Superior Expertise was banned.
Is Extra Music specifically permitted, then?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Patlin said:
Some of them might have been modified/prohibited by proposal, but they are otherwise allowed. (Persistent Spell and Energy Substitution, and I think one more, have been canned... unless I'm thinking of LEB.)
LEB allows anything in the SRD that is also in the Core books or the XPH; so the deities SRD, the UA open content, etc. is not automatic. Can't speak to LEW's stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads