Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hi Creamsteak! I can't say for sure, but I think I started playing around the time you left. I definitely remember you, mostly as the fearless trailblazer and the founder of LEW. So thanks for that, LEW is my favorite pastime!

As for your question about judges:

Active Judges:
1. Bront
2. Erekose
4. Manzanita
5. Orsal
6. Rae ArdGaoth
7. Rystil Arden
8. GnomeWorks
9. Patlin

El Jefe is still technically a judge, but I believe he's taking an indefinite break for now.

Also, we have...

Assistant Character Judges:
1. Boddynock
2. B4cchus

Both are helping out as assistant character judges, they're really helping to reduce the workload of character approvals.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I need to put the word "trailblazer" on my cover letters somehow.

I've been impressed with how long LEW has stayed up, whether activity is high or low etc. I've been spying here and there, just not logging into my account. I kinda have "guilty mod syndrome" in that, if I'm going to log in I feel like I should take some responsibility to clean things and such.

Looking back now, it seems really rediculously simple for an idea. And some of my overthinking was definitely contrived at the time. But it was a good idea I think. Some persistance to the characters, whether their games fizzle or not. It also takes so much pressure off the DM to just keep things going and going and going. You don't have to write a 10 level series of adventures, but even if you want to it's still an option.

It's funny how much sleep deprivation + rediculous caffeine intake can make you come up with ideas.

Boddynock

First Post
Dargon said:
Just wanted to know if my character is approved for playing. http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3726828&postcount=325
I know it is approved by orsal
I think Boddynock has approved it after the last update.

If it is approved Cesurius Amlyzat should appear on the first post of the character thread right?
Yep, Cesurius is approved by both orsal and myself. Go ahead and post him in the Red Dragon Inn. The update to the front page of the character approvals thread will happen when the relevant judge has time to do it but in the meantime he's good to go!

'Nock

Trouvere

Explorer
For the record, let it be noted that Galwynn reached level 2 by delivering a cake, hitting the ground with his sword twice, then falling asleep in the woods.

Wik

First Post
What I think we need is a home base that has plenty of adventure opportunities (and room for expansion) both inside, and within a few days' travel outside. More or less, cutting down the need for travel for low-level PCs.

Also, it makes it easier to GM for, to learn the setting, and whatnot (I still get confused about the world beyond Orussus!)

P.S. - I think we should start some prelimnary work on L4W fairly soon.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Lasair hit level 2 by watching and missing once with a crossbow as the level 4 Ranger killed the bandits and then going to a Festival for a while :D
That's okay, as you know, Conuld reached 2nd watching Lasair solo an ogre, and then pretty much went from 2nd to 3rd just by arguing with her. :\ He did pick up his first 900 XP pretty legitimately though, if you count a natural 1 on the LBEG's saving throw.

Ashardalon

First Post
Hey guys, I've had a few busy days and that might continue a bit (hence I'm using this account). As for a Living 4E game, I still say we should wait a bit before we start - there seems to be a nice chance that gnomes will have a writeup in the MM1, along with a less-detailed racial writeup, for example. I'm only for a "potential future of LEW" if Ashnar gets to be a god, however. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
That's okay, as you know, Conuld reached 2nd watching Lasair solo an ogre, and then pretty much went from 2nd to 3rd just by arguing with her. :\ He did pick up his first 900 XP pretty legitimately though, if you count a natural 1 on the LBEG's saving throw.
I noticed--I found it vaguely ironic in a karmic "what-goes-around-comes-around" sort of way. She was even exactly 4th level too :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Lasair hit level 2 by watching and missing once with a crossbow as the level 4 Ranger killed the bandits and then going to a Festival for a while :D
If I remember right, there was a fairly effective L1 wizard with a Glaive and a raging barbarian orc who helped with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads