• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
WizWrm said:
Er, can we get the opinion of GnomeWorks? :)

My opinion on what?

I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to say anything about what's happening IC at the moment. Do as you will.

Also, I'm not going to say anything about whether or not resurrection should be allowed, as I'm obviously biased. ;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OK, we seem to have a situaion here, so I'll ask those with readied missile attack this.

Before I reveal my dice results of Kirin/Druid, what are the reactions of Rurik,Telerin and Velbrik if she attacks him.

Uriel said:
OK, we seem to have a situaion here, so I'll ask those with readied missile attack this.

Before I reveal my dice results of Kirin/Druid, what are the reactions of Rurik,Telerin and Velbrik if she attacks him.
Argh...since the Druid was holding his word...and we in a since, didn't...Telerin won't shoot unless he comes after another of us.

WizWrm

First Post
Sorry, was gone all day and just got back. I updated; what's the chance of a thrown potion of cure light wounds taking effect? :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Well, it looks like we (LEW) are about to have the discussion about Ressurection...personally I have always hated it.

K-B, I was just curious: Why did you decide to attack the Druid?

Though is saddens me to whack a character, my opinion is moot in this.
The other players, however,have been discussing things here; you may have wanted to post something here first,before lobbing a water balloon (It will have about as much effect) at the Druid.
I'm just a bit confused. Your last post (before the one today)mentioned getting to Troi and trying to stabalize him against the Poison, while the one that you made a little while ago pretty much dooms him to die.
Yes, you guys will most likely slay the Druid easily, but at the price of Troi's life.

Sarcasm unintended.

threw the vial cause it was in her hand... it was effective on some ferals, and they were presumedly given to us for a reason.. anyway, she got mocked for trying it out in controlled conditions, now you insult her for using it in combat? Poor gnome can't win....

I'm really not sure I understand the other question. I'm not into the expository thinking that seems common in PbP, but I think kirin's comments and actions have made it pretty clear that she considers the 'turning' of the unwilling into ferals to be more henious than the outright killing (and even eating) of victims. Letting the spellcaster go is like killing a nest of spiders and leaving the egg sac to sit around and hatch. Troi was already dropped and looking at a second con loss which could easily kill him even if he was brought up to full hit points in the little time left... and he at least would be dead, not spiritually violated. I could have held an action to use the sling after the druid left troi, but frankly it was a metagame decision, I wasn't willing to read "He runs fully out of the room on his initiative, now what do you want to do?"

kahuna burger

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
threw the vial cause it was in her hand... it was effective on some ferals, and they were presumedly given to us for a reason.. anyway, she got mocked for trying it out in controlled conditions, now you insult her for using it in combat? Poor gnome can't win....

I'm really not sure I understand the other question. I'm not into the expository thinking that seems common in PbP, but I think kirin's comments and actions have made it pretty clear that she considers the 'turning' of the unwilling into ferals to be more henious than the outright killing (and even eating) of victims. Letting the spellcaster go is like killing a nest of spiders and leaving the egg sac to sit around and hatch. Troi was already dropped and looking at a second con loss which could easily kill him even if he was brought up to full hit points in the little time left... and he at least would be dead, not spiritually violated. I could have held an action to use the sling after the druid left troi, but frankly it was a metagame decision, I wasn't willing to read "He runs fully out of the room on his initiative, now what do you want to do?"

kahuna burger

Firstly, I didn't insult anyone. If you are referring to my water balloon comment, I am sorry if that offended you.

As I stated,I was just wondering why you didn't post anything here first, since this thread fascilitates the illusion of the 'table' in the game. You didn't have to
post here first, you are free to do whatever you like IC, but in the past, you had posted OoC posts in conjunction with your IC ones.
I fully support Kirin's feelings on the Ferals and their disease/whatever/however she wants to view them.Each player is free to play their character in whatever manner they like (excepting the few with stringent Alignments/Classes, such as the Paladin,but those players know that already).

I am still waiting on Velbrik's/Rurik's action to finish this sequence of events.
WW:You must drink Potions, sorry. There are a few other optns with gem/Infusion/Talisman options that allow touch instead, but they are all from different sources and not in use here. So, what's Velbrik's gut reaction when things play out as they lok to be in the Game Thread?

WizWrm

First Post
Nothing to Kirin's attack, but when the druid moves to attack Troi, he'll charge as I described (probably get knocked out though).

If the druid doesn't attack for whatever reason, Velbrik will wait for him to release Troi and move a safe distance away (25'), then move to stand over Troi, heal him, then pull a crossbow and shoot the druid.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
Nothing to Kirin's attack, but when the druid moves to attack Troi, he'll charge as I described (probably get knocked out by an AoO though).

If the druid doesn't attack for whatever reason, Velbrik will wait for him to release Troi and move a safe distance away (25'), then move to stand over Troi, heal him, then pull a crossbow and shoot the druid.

Ah, treachery,it warms my Heart...

"I'll grant you the few hours or days you may have under your bargain, however. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads