• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewbajda

First Post
jump in your game

hey thomas let me jump up in that game of yours. let me know what you want in terms of points for a character. i am guessing 30. and max starting cash. get back to me when you can. a wizard is what i am shooting for.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Creamsteak said:
Heh... I like a lot of my Complete Warrior stuff too (the weapons and some of the feats mostly)...

Oh, really?... I was hoping, eventually, for Troi to start using a boomerang from Complete Warrior, as well, though at the time there was a lot of debate on the non-core stuff and I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to bring it up.

We might re-evaluate what we allow for LEW if we have a lot of concensus on allowing alternate material. I'd still prefer we keep everything available to everyone, however, which limits our options. I've got some work to do, I'm going to clean up some forums for now, when I get back I'm going to try typing out a LEW info thing again.

I think Uriel has the right idea - can we put non-SRD non-OGC stuff out here, so long as we provide credit? That would solve the problem of it being not available to people. I don't know if that violates copyright law, as we're not making money off of it... I think that'd fall under the Fair Use Rule, but IANAL.

Aranel

First Post
Ok...I know I don't post here often (at all?)

But...I was bored and started looking through the character lists.

Dear gods. 6 whole EVIL characters! NOT A SINGLE CE!! SHAME!

Are there NO crazy psychopathic axe-wielding dwarves?! Where are the pyromaniacs?!

What happened to the random insane giggling wizard!!

Where are the evil clerics with their hoardes of undead armies?! (Ok not for a while yet...)

I was also going to say; Even if there are CE characters, there are no EVIL story-line/adventures for them to play! Lets have a little opposition perhaps? Make the world a little less friendly and a whole lot more interesting?

[CHAOTIC] EVIL PEOPLE OF THE BOARD UNITE!

...One CE character coming up...

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Only problem with evil storylines is that there's rarely enough of a concentration of evil to run 'em (you need at least 140 proof evil for that...). In world where most people are good, it's hard to be psychopathic. :) The evil people tend to be pushed away from the rest of society, which means they're unlikely to fequent the Red Dragon.

But I'll make a note to include, at the very least, opportunities to be evil (moral dilemmas, that sort of thing) in any more adventures I do.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Evil (even CE) != Psychopathic

There are plenty of ways to be evil that do not involve running around town foaming at the mouth waving a cleaver.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
True, Pyrex. But rarely can eeevil of the sort that adventurers usually perpetrate the subtle kind. That takes time. :) The sort of things people with character levels tend to do tends to attract the Watch's attention.

Until such time as someone takes the "Rule A City Feat" and runs the watch. God help us all.

Pause.

You know, I just got a character idea.... :D

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
On the nature of Evil Games

As far as Evil parties/storylines go, I am currently running 2 PbP games on the 'other' board, both going quite well.
As well, I completed a game (11 months running) with an evil,scheming party of backstabbing Drow. It was quite an enjoyable and entertaining game.

One of my games, The Remnants of the Horde has the 'traditional' evil guys
<Party is an Ogre, his 1/2 Ogre son, a gnoll, a hagborn (homebrew template),2 goblins,a hbogoblin and a Blackguard human> as the heroes ans the 'traditionaly' good guys, in this case an Fascist nation of Elves ala Roman Empire trying to exterminate those pesky Humanoids once and for all.

It's very enjoyable to see characters that half want to murder each other and half realize that they have to stick together until they can ressurect their Lord so as to stem the Elven Tide.

I think Evil can work with the right storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads