• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I have dpdx/Rurik ready to go, how are the rest of you folks coming along:GP/Sturm,Aranel/Aranel,AMG/Telerin and nimisgod/Ishmael...?

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Heh, I finally get around to this thread and I discover that Uriel wants to play in my game... :eek:

Anywho.

Numbers and level wise on that one, no worries- I had planned for a bunch of level 1 n00bs. :p Things should go just fine. But not too easy. :D I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of which, can I get a judge?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
Hmm... I'm wondering: what is everybody's opinion on the alternate ranger from Complete Warrior?

I don't have that book yet.

I have a similar question regarding the Marshall from the Minis HB, by new fave Class.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
I like both of them, especially the marshall. Unfortunately, they both violate the "nothing nobody with only core books" general precept that we seem to work on (or did they post the Marshall as a preview? I can't recall).

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Thomas Hobbes said:
I like both of them, especially the marshall. Unfortunately, they both violate the "nothing nobody with only core books" general precept that we seem to work on (or did they post the Marshall as a preview? I can't recall).

Well, I have transcribed the Marshall (that was a chore), at least to 10th level(for a player in my Scions game).
Are we violating some rule/law by posting it somewhere here, if we give credit etc...?

WizWrm

First Post
Hm, while it's being asked, I'm mulling over a new character, and am considering the Savage Progressions on the WotC site, specifically the werewolf. It's publicly available, easily accessible, and based out of the SRD. Kosher?

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Found it!

It's posted here:

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b

So we're set as far as I'm concerned. Fant proboably would've been a marshall if it had been approved at the time; if it gets approved she's taking levels in it. :)

edit: As to the general question of "It's on the WotC website and available to all, is it OK?" I would say that it should be judged on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Heh... I like a lot of my Complete Warrior stuff too (the weapons and some of the feats mostly)...

We might re-evaluate what we allow for LEW if we have a lot of concensus on allowing alternate material. I'd still prefer we keep everything available to everyone, however, which limits our options. I've got some work to do, I'm going to clean up some forums for now, when I get back I'm going to try typing out a LEW info thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads