• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Creamsteak,

Thanks again for the speedy reply. I have two other characters that I am having fun with right now, however, I have made a character that is fun to role-player, but not very practicle in battle. However, he would fit in nicely into a psionic game as a Psion/telepath, so I am saving him for your Psionic game.

His name is Robillard Lath'eon and I will wait to finalize his stats until you are closing in on a start date. I have two other adventures to keep me busy, so no hurry.:)

Oh, one last thing please.

I know a number of people have submitted new races, myself included, before you run your Psionic game, (and since you are on a reviewing kick trying to clean things up) could you please look over these races and either approve or deny them.

Right now I have Robillard as a human, and wouldn't mind playing him as such, but if there was a race that gave either a INT or a CHR bonus, (or both) or an approved method for level adjusted races, I think I would like to change to one of those. I like the Elan, (level adjusted 0 psionic race) but I dislike the -2 to CHR, even if you could just move the penalty to WIS or something.

None of the standard races are caster friendly for ability stats (INT, WIS CHR), whether you are playing a Wizard, Cleric, Bard or Psion. I don't want to unbalance the game or world or anything, but I am not the only one who would like a change from the standard races.:)

Just something to think about.

My proposal is on the archomatic or whatever you call it.

Thanks for your time and I can't wait for the Psionic fun, thanks again.
The offer still stands to help you guys out if you want my opinion for help in your reviews.

Kangaxx

First Post
I once read that characters would recieve 100 xp for each month they spent in the tavern doing nothing. Is that actually a rule? Nielan, my character, was quite bored for 2 months.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Characters recieve an arbitrary 100 xp per month on any sort of adventure. This is to help even out the experience groups with slower or vacating dms get something to help bring them closer to other characters. (I realize that the difference doesn't actually get 'closer' since both groups recieve 100, but since experience requirements come at higher and higher costs, the small benefits at least help keep characters leveling at a slightly closer point.)

I don't think we've ever discussed awarding experience for tavern time, though. That might be something to do, or it might not. I havn't really thought on it much myself...

Kangaxx

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Characters recieve an arbitrary 100 xp per month on any sort of adventure. This is to help even out the experience groups with slower or vacating dms get something to help bring them closer to other characters. (I realize that the difference doesn't actually get 'closer' since both groups recieve 100, but since experience requirements come at higher and higher costs, the small benefits at least help keep characters leveling at a slightly closer point.)

I don't think we've ever discussed awarding experience for tavern time, though. That might be something to do, or it might not. I havn't really thought on it much myself...

I found the discussion I was thinking of, about halfway down this page.

There it sounds like you get 100 xp per month no matter what you're doing.

I spent way too long looking for that.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kangaxx said:
I found the discussion I was thinking of, about halfway down this page.

There it sounds like you get 100 xp per month no matter what you're doing.

I spent way too long looking for that.
Well, it's not 100 xp per month no-matter what. It's for adventuring. I don't know where you get that idea from the quoted page, really.

Kangaxx

First Post
This is turning into a much bigger fuss than it's worth, but I thought the conclusion I reached could be drawn pretty clearly from this:

GnomeWorks said:
CS - all characters get XP for just being alive for each month of RL time that passes?

I thought that that only applied to characters who weren't actively adventuring, or whose adventures had died for lack of DM...
To which you replied -
Creamsteak said:
Yes, I think. That's what I've been working with.

'Just for being alive' is pretty different from 'only while on adventures.' But if that's how it is, I'll shut up now and go on my merry way.

Creamsteak

Explorer
It's not a big fuss, I was just curious. And I was responding to GW with respect to the xp award for the party that was on the adventure I was running.

GW wanted to know if he hadn't recieved 100 xp for each month of his adventures, and should have (which he should have), not whether he should get experience for just creating a character x months ago and then spending time in the tavern. It's 100 experience points per real-time month of an adventure, that's all.

But, I'm ameniable to the concept. If I recall correctly, and I'm pretty unsure on this, the judges just agreed to this ad-hock when Mithreander's first game had been a few months dead. I think that some thought should probably be given to whether this ammount should scale (perhaps with level, or perhaps with total time), and if we should change it from experience from adventuring to experience for times spent playing LEW? And if it scaled, would it scale in diminishing returns or would the amount increase to help characters level more quickly? (with the later, it would take 200 months to reach level 20 if all your character did was, for instance, manage their own tavern or work for a guild or the city with no actual "challenges" that would normally acrue xp).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads