(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rystil Arden said:
Not half-orcs or half-elves though. Other half-races are cool though.
I think half-elves are very versatile. Their backstory can be just like a human's, an elf's, a combination of the two, or completely unlike either.

Then again, I like throwing quirks in a lot of races' backstories to test their versatility.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
I think half-elves are very versatile. Their backstory can be just like a human's, an elf's, a combination of the two, or completely unlike either.

Then again, I like throwing quirks in a lot of races' backstories to test their versatility.
I do that too. But humans can have an elf's background too if you want. And by versatile, I was also including that feat :)

Jdvn1

Ah. I generally don't come up with character concpets based on mechanics. Only when I'm concerned about avoiding really weak characters, but sometimes I'll go for intentionally weak characters anyway to see how I can make them not suck.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Ah. I generally don't come up with character concpets based on mechanics. Only when I'm concerned about avoiding really weak characters, but sometimes I'll go for intentionally weak characters anyway to see how I can make them not suck.
Ah, well feats can sometimes define the character though.

Jdvn1

LogicsFate said:
Ah, human, the part I was born to play
:lol: Too true.
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, well feats can sometimes define the character though.
So I'd take whatever feat a couple levels later, if it was a character-defining feat. Or I'd take it as my first level feat and tough out of the first few levels.

Rystil Arden

First Post
So I'd take whatever feat a couple levels later, if it was a character-defining feat. Or I'd take it as my first level feat and tough out of the first few levels.
I like having the mechanical part of my concept ASAP, since I can easily make up any fluff for my character that I want :)

Jdvn1

Most of my recent games starting at low level, the mechanical part is really easy. I like spending time on the fluff if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads