(Discussion) How to organize LEW?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Alright, this thread is for discussing how to set up the organization structure of the threads that comprise LEW. This includes naming conventions, links, and what threads should be sub-sections of a given thread or a completely independant thread.

Right now I envision that the following big threads are necessary, 1) Characters, 2) Approved Material (SRD links, OGL, Homebrews, WotC content), 3) Campaign Source Material (guilds, maps, characters, finished adventures, history, gods, etc.)

And the fourth (and hopefully last) sticky is the main thread with everything a player needs to play, frequently asked questions, links to other threads, and some other content that I probably just havn't thought of yet. I'm going to crunch some of the other material into sub-threads or something, I don't want to go over 6 total threads on top.

Agree, disagree, or have something to add?

Last edited:

The Goblin King

First Post
For the fourth thread I suggest you title it "READ THIS THREAD FIRST". I am not trying to be snarky or sarcastic. I just think it would be good to have an obvious place for newbies to click.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Alright, this thread is for discussing how to set up the organization structure of the threads that comprise LEW. This includes naming conventions, links, and what threads should be sub-sections of a given thread or a completely independant thread.

Right now I envision that the following big threads are necessary, 1) Characters, 2) Approved Material (SRD links, OGL, Homebrews, WotC content), 3) Campaign Source Material (guilds, maps, characters, finished adventures, history, gods, etc.)

And the fourth (and hopefully last) sticky is the main thread with everything a player needs to play, frequently asked questions, links to other threads, and some other content that I probably just havn't thought of yet. I'm going to crunch some of the other material into sub-threads or something, I don't want to go over 6 total threads on top.

Agree, disagree, or have something to add?

As I said in the General Discussion thread, I can create a small subdomain for a simple website that'll take care numbers 2-4. That in of itself will keep sticky threads down to a minimum.

dpdx

Explorer
{Subscribe}

Once we get a map, I'm going to spend some free time matching adventures/plothooks/entities/whatnot to places on them. Maybe even places of origin for characters.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
For my own personal edification, here's all the non-flavor (actual rules) proposals...

Prestige Classes:
Trader
Little Sneak
The Merciful
Exorcist
Blessed of the Forge
Mercurial Initiate
Learner

Feats:
Improved Subdual
Stonefist Smackdown

Spells:
Tireless Journey

Gods:
Taka
Mongrel
Phyrah
Geoth
Ayratha
Sela
Ieranth
Chennet'
Shural & Kazikazi
Taurusk

Races:
Mountain Goblin

Some of these are approved, and some aren't... For many it was difficult for me to determine which was which without digging through the posts.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Tiny correction: Chennet's approved for the pantheon, just not the associated PrC or anything beyond that.

I always have the toughest time convincing people he's actually approved, but he is. :)

Jack Haggerty

First Post
dpdx said:
I always have the toughest time convincing people he's actually approved, but he is. :)

For some of those proposals, I difficult to tell. For most 'official' approvals, multiple judges posted 'YES' in boldface yellow font. That was my criteria. It won't be difficult for the judges-at-the-time to chime in and correct me, if I'm wrong.

Remove ads