(Discussion) How to organize LEW?

dpdx

Explorer
Jack Haggerty said:
For most 'official' approvals, multiple judges posted 'YES' in boldface yellow font.
Alrighty then:

Trust me - Chennet' is an approved deity of the LEW pantheon.

Witness my hand and seal,
Judge dpdx​

Seriously, Chennet' was like the third or fourth deity to go into the pantheon, most likely before the advent of the "boldface yellow font" stipulation. He's even being used (against me) in an adventure. So he's approved, as are a few other ones you've got asterisks next to. I wouldn't complain so loudly, but it took a lot of pushing to get Chennet' approved that I don't want to go through again. :D

Creamsteak said:
And please note, we are no longer, "Let's see if this works out. Got a website?"
Word. It looks nice; big ups to WizWrm and Thomas Hobbes for the excellent final wording, and to you, Creamsteak, for getting it done. We look pretty now!

Jack Haggerty

First Post
dpdx said:
Alrighty then:

Trust me - Chennet' is an approved deity of the LEW pantheon.

Witness my hand and seal,
Judge dpdx​

:\ Now you're just being silly. ;)

dpdx said:
Seriously, Chennet' was like the third or fourth deity to go into the pantheon, most likely before the advent of the "boldface yellow font" stipulation. He's even being used (against me) in an adventure. So he's approved, as are a few other ones you've got asterisks next to. I wouldn't complain so loudly, but it took a lot of pushing to get Chennet' approved that I don't want to go through again. :D

Seriously, I knew that some of the ones I marked might be approved. I was just explaining that I had erred on the side of caution, because in many of the threads themselves it's very unclear. What I'd like, is for all of us judges to make a quick pass down that list, and make all the approvals official. If you don't approve something, then post a very short explanation why. The ones that are approved, I can get to work on reformatting, and those that aren't can have their discussion threads resurrected, or they can be ditched completely.

As for myself, I'll give my endorsement and approve all of the following...

Prestige Classes:
Trader
Little Sneak

Gods:
Taka
Mongrel
Phyrah
Geoth
Ayratha
Sela
Ieranth
Chennet'
Shural & Kazikazi
Taurusk

Races:
Mountain Goblin

Everything else I need to take another look at.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Jack Haggerty said:
What I'd like, is for all of us judges to make a quick pass down that list, and make all the approvals official.
And I was about to blast you for making unnecessary extra work when it occurred to me: "where the hell is the Pantheon thread?"

'Cause I know we had a list of approved deities at one point in time. It would take more deities off the asterisk list if we could find the post where somebody or other summarizes who's in and who isn't (might even be the first post).

Jack Haggerty

First Post
dpdx said:
And I was about to blast you for making unnecessary extra work...

To be completely blunt and honest...

This isn't unnecessary extra work. It is exactly what LEW needs if we ever actually want to get anything done. There is a lot of discussion, and a lot of ideas, and a lot of proposals floating around this forum... But very little decisive action happening.

The very first thing we need to do is make it very clear exactly what is and is not approved for use in LEW. Right now I'd wager almost everyone is at least a little confused about can and cannot be used. There have been characters playing in adventures based off of proposed material that hadn't been approved at the time... And still might not be.

This...

dreaded_beast said:
I'd like to know more about what this forum is about and how to join, but I can't seem to find the "newbie thread".

...is a perfact example of what I'm talking about.

Your answer DB, is that this forum is undergoing a bit of renovation, now that we've got some players and the games are stable. You'd do best to start in the Official Character Thread, which details character creation. From there, I'd take a look through The Red Dragon Inn, where you can get an idea of actual gameplay.

It's not necessarily the fault of the original judges. It's certainly an awful lot of work for the very few judge we'd had. We've got plenty of judges to work on everything now, so let's get to work and do it right, ok?

Right then.

Dpdx, I'm assuming that Chennet' has your approval ;)... are there any other proposals that you can confidently approve of (or veto) right now?

EDIT: Dpdx... The Pantheon thread you were looking for is here, and the post your were looking for is here... I was the one who posted it. ;)

You were right, Chennet amongst others were approved in this thread, instead of in the prosal threads, like the other gods were... But then, that discrepency just emphasizes the problem I'm trying to solve here. There's no consistancy yet behind how we do anything here.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Jack Haggerty said:
You were right, Chennet amongst others were approved in this thread, instead of in the prosal threads, like the other gods were... But then, that discrepency just emphasizes the problem I'm trying to solve here. There's no consistancy yet behind how we do anything here.
Of course I was right. Why would I have been wrong about the approval status of my own deity? What have I got to gain by lying to you?

I submit that making more threads and posts puts us square in the middle of the Judean People's Liberation Front/Popular Liberation Front of Judea dilemna, where we've got two/three different threads for the same purpose, and no one can find them. So it's good we agree on not confusing the noobians.

Also, the post you linked to was one I refuted in a later post, because it incorrectly listed several approved gods as unapproved, like your new post does. So why don't you correct them? I can help you.

So, I count Chennet', Phyrah, and Taka as approved gods (with three judge votes apiece, in boldface yellow) from that one thread alone, so we can wipe the asterisks off of each of those.

I'll wait for us to produce a correct list of approved gods, Jack, before I go complicating things with extra approvals. And obviously, Chennet's already approved, so I don't need to vote up or down on my own god -- nor should I.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Alright, look...

Right now, I don't really care whether or not any submission is approved.

We have more than three judges now. I'd like to know exactly who approves of what, and if not for what reason. That's it.

In the time it took you to argue with me, Dpdx, you could have easily reviewed every single proposal made thus far, and posted a list of what you like and don't like. I'm tired of hunting through posts to find approvals, and this is the quickest, easiest way to get a complete and definite list of approved proposals.

Would any other judges like to chime in, please?

dpdx

Explorer
This used to be a well-deserved flaming of Jack Haggerty for his power trip. If you subscribed to this thread, you know what it said. I'm not going to let it sit here.

Oh, and in my own right, I'm giving ZERO NEW APPROVALS of dieties, PrCs, etc. until we have ONE central location where what's been approved is listed. That will require not only the tedious research that's been alluded to, but some thread pruning by moderators to get rid of stuff.

And I abso-freakin'-lutely refuse to make authors go through and get reapproved, stuff that already got approved by the old judges. I'll be looking to make my own accurate list of what is and what is not (yet) approved.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Okay, I went through every thread in the forum, and here's what's approved, deity-wise, whether it has the requisite votes, or is just automagically posted in the Record thread of the Pantheon by Living Enworld Judge, or both:

Hyrag (posted)
Chennet' (5 votes)
Phyrah (4 votes)
Taka (posted, 4 votes)
Grendath (posted)
Verdante (posted)
Delanor (posted)
Antonidas the Drevin (posted)

These deities are one vote short of approval:
Gliran
Mongrel

These deities are two votes short of approval:
Shural
Kazikazi
Geoth
Ayratha
Ieranth
Taurusk

These deities have no votes or are not finished for review:
Ker
Janiosen
Kroggoth (already used in an adventure)
St. Feragon (")
Mortalists
Sela
Cursed

So, order of business #1 is to move Chennet' and Phyrah into the Record thread. If it hasn't happened by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll login as LEW Judge and do it.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
dpdx said:
This used to be a well-deserved flaming of Jack Haggerty for his power trip. If you subscribed to this thread, you know what it said. I'm not going to let it sit here.

Oh, and in my own right, I'm giving ZERO NEW APPROVALS of dieties, PrCs, etc. until we have ONE central location where what's been approved is listed. That will require not only the tedious research that's been alluded to, but some thread pruning by moderators to get rid of stuff.

And I abso-freakin'-lutely refuse to make authors go through and get reapproved, stuff that already got approved by the old judges. I'll be looking to make my own accurate list of what is and what is not (yet) approved.

Check your email dpdx.

Suffice it to say that I'm fairly certain we want the same thing here... We all want to be positively certain of what is and is not approved.

I'm not really asking for judges to reapprove anything that has already been approved. What I'm looking for is a list from each judge detailing what they themselves have voted to approve. That will quickly ands easily tell us exactly which approvals have the reequired votes. Plus, we can all add to those lists any new approvals we'd like to vote for, so that many proposals that areclose to approvals can become officially approved.

Much like you, I don't want any one judge dictating what is or is not approved. I want to get all the judges invloved in this.

And I made a mistake with my list above. It would have been more appropriate to label the asterisk, "I could not quickly and easily determine whether this proposal was completely approved" instead of "Unapproved". I'm sorry if that caused any undue duress. I've since fixed that mistake.

And so, dpdx and the other judges, if everyone could post that list of what you approve, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Remove ads