• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, do what you can, but you have the charm and trickery domains, which might combine fairly well into coruption.

Bront

The man with the probe
Urdiga, Goddess of Undeath and Misdirection has been porposed, should help fill that evil goddess role.

We need some LE and CE gods though I believe.

El Jefe

First Post
Arrgh, you beat me to it. Had about 30% of my NE goddess written when I saw you had Urdiga posted. And no, there's no room in the pantheon for both of them.

Hmm. A god of slavery could be good for LE.

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
Arrgh, you beat me to it. Had about 30% of my NE goddess written when I saw you had Urdiga posted. And no, there's no room in the pantheon for both of them.

Hmm. A god of slavery could be good for LE.
You sure? She's more focused on undeath. Coruption is a minor aspect, and would be a lesser god (which is why I posted Urdiga)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I've been thinking about the Seven Sisters. What makes them sisters? They all have different fathers.

We could say that they are all born from Halina. Of the ones out there now, Sela is a Lesser Goddess, and the others are demigoddesses. Also, Sela has no father at this time.

So, let's say Gundar is Sela's father, and she was born first, and that's why she's Lesser and the others are Demis.

At this time, the Seven Sisters are:

Sela, LN, stonework and community
Phyrah, N, wind and travel, Verdante's daughter
Shurassa, CN, storms and rest, Delanor's daughter
Russna, N, wisdom, Antonidas' daughter
Ulura, N, moon and lovers, Hyrag's daughter

I definitely think Ayratha (LN, fire and transformation, Chennet's daughter) fits into this group perfectly and is one of the Seven Sisters. This leaves one more, probably not worshipped much. We also need to keep the theme going with another father, and a neutral alignment like the others. For balance, I'm thinking CN.

So... how about Taurusk's daughter? It's just a thought now, but I'm thinking Sarcacha, demigoddess of free will, the overflowing fountain of raw potential and brutality. Something like domains of Chaos, Animal, Madness, and Liberation. Worshippers include artists, berserkers, and anyone willing to relinquish control to gain access to power. She screams incessantly in a thousand tongues of the way things might be, the way things are not, and the way things should have been.

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
Urdiga, Goddess of Undeath and Misdirection has been porposed, should help fill that evil goddess role.

We need some LE and CE gods though I believe.

Would a philosophy for those work? I had ideas about two of them in the bus (public transport, at least gives you time to think) One was a cult related with the undead -and that may be redundant with a goddess already proposed- but the other one was about slavery and tyranny.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Would a philosophy for those work? I had ideas about two of them in the bus (public transport, at least gives you time to think) One was a cult related with the undead -and that may be redundant with a goddess already proposed- but the other one was about slavery and tyranny.
LE works for slavery and tyrany.

As for a Sister, someone was writing one up for CE that was supposed to be about madness and aberations (Erekose13?). That would be a good daughter of Taurusk

Someone

Adventurer
I´ll upgrade this to a full fledged proposal is you like the idea:

The cult of Arrhim is a spreading philosophy exalting personal power and dominion over the weak. Arrhim is not a god, but the starter of the cult: he rules over a fortress located somewhere deep the mountains of ?????*. He´s grown to legendary status, an wild rumours run about him: some say he´s a devil of the higher echelons, maybe even a pit fiend. If he´s actively seeking divine ascension –if that´s possible- is also unknown.

The cult basic premise is simple: the strong must rule over the weak. “Strenght” is not limited to personal martial or magical power: solid alliances, organizational skills, wealth or a silver tongue are valued too. The cultists are convinced that might make right: those who have the power aren´t, by definition, bound by anything else; systems that rely on artificial limits on what the ruler can do are doomed to be destroyed from within, sooner or later.

According to the cult´s dogma, power over another sentient being is demonstrated making him suffer; weaker rulers are constantly forced to appease those under him. Therefore, cruelty and slavery are the natural, most stable states of society, and every ruler must strengthen his grip over those under him to reach that desirable status.

Arrhim´s cult isn´t really very popular, but works with detailed, reasoned and apparently compelling descriptions of it´s dogma are are spreading and serve as justification for unscrupulous slavers and warlords. A greater concern for the good people in ENWorld are those who, wielding actual divine powers derived from the cult´s philosophy, offer their help to those same cruel individuals. Almost always the “helped” ends his career under the cleric´s cuel boots, but that´s of little consolation for those that must serve the cult´s follower.

*I´m open to suggestion about where exactly would this be.

Bront

The man with the probe
Sounds more like an adventure idea than a proposal for actual PC domains. Could be good background info though. Probably a general proposal once you figure out where you want them

Remove ads