Disney to revise Star Wars canon

I think the Young Jedi Knight series was all right on its own (when I read it I hadn't read much SW literature other than the Thrawn Trilogy) but when put in the context of all the SW books out there, it was just more of the same (Imperials, dark jedi, turn someone back to the light side) with a different cast, although I will admit that having different stars was still refreshing, and for the younger audience I think they did just fine.

Most of the SW books just leave me wondering how many Jedi can go rogue, turn to the darkside, then turn back and face no consequences for their actions (which was at least brought up in the Fate of the Jedi series, but never really addressed by the Jedi Order), not to mention how many lone, forgotten Dark Jedi/Sith Masters there can be in the galaxy.

I do think the shadow academy had more potential when it was just Barakis and the dark witch maeking 'shadow jedi' that were not good or evil but dark. I even like the idea that a dark jedi with shadow training could work with the republic.

My biggest nit pick with star wars was sith=any dark user... I can imagine ALOT of force users fell to the dark side... but just as many that did should use that rage and anger to do somewhat good things... like hunt down and kill killers and empire people...

bone_naga

Explorer
I do think the shadow academy had more potential when it was just Barakis and the dark witch maeking 'shadow jedi' that were not good or evil but dark. I even like the idea that a dark jedi with shadow training could work with the republic.

My biggest nit pick with star wars was sith=any dark user... I can imagine ALOT of force users fell to the dark side... but just as many that did should use that rage and anger to do somewhat good things... like hunt down and kill killers and empire people...
Yeah, I agree on both points.

I liked it when they tried to play around with the morality thing a few times. When Jacen tapped into the Unifying Force that seemed like a starting point. When he turned dark side to save the galaxy, I thought that was a good point to blur the lines, but then he quickly devolved into a cookie-cutter bad-guy.

Vestara Kai was another character that had the potential to be different, being a Sith who ended up doing some good while she was with Ben, but it's SW and dark side = sith (despite them being a pretty specific order) = evil.

I'd like to see something different. Someone that uses their anger to tap into the dark side to do good. Or maybe an order that uses the light and dark side interchangeably, seeing them both as tools and using whichever is best for the job at hand. They've certainly had a few share of non-force users that you can't quite place as good or bad. They even tried to retcon Palpatine into having some sort of altruistic motive for being a power-hungry maniac.

I'd like to see something different. Someone that uses their anger to tap into the dark side to do good. Or maybe an order that uses the light and dark side interchangeably, seeing them both as tools and using whichever is best for the job at hand. They've certainly had a few share of non-force users that you can't quite place as good or bad.

I would love to see a group of jedi fall to the dark side then go slaughter the enemies of the jedi... including sith. I would love to see what happened when a non force sensitive military commander has a Jedi and Non Jedi arguing what is basically religion and philosophy and counter with "I don't care who uses what side of the force, if you both have the same goal grow up and work together..."

I can't remember his name but the Boy who grew up with the twins and ended up training at the shadow academy I always imagined would grow up to be a bounty hunter dark jedi that helped jedi when he could even though he used the dark side he had nothing against them...

It gets even worse when we meet the jedi councle in the prequals who would have kicked luke to the curve a dozen times or more even not counting him 'falling' and working with the emperor... and I still see him as the quintessential jedi knight.

In an old west end games Star wars game taking place in the after math of the correlion trilogy (long before the NJO books came out) I played a Jedi with a Red light saber, and my partner (who was another PC with a blue one) used to tell me all the time I missed the memo on the color coding...

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Honestly, I would like to take A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back and then do everything else from scratch. It also wouldn't even bother me if both A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back were remade - and the unleashed nerdrage would only add to the fun.

Remove ads