Divine Soul Sorcerer Combo

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Step 1: Animate dead and control at least 2 skeletons.
Step 2: Twin Polymorph on the 2 skeletons.

Is there any reason this doesn't work?

FrogReaver

Won't work. Skeletons have a much lower challenge rating than the level needed to turn into a good beast.

Esker

Hero
Yeah, Polymorph only works as an offensive buff because CR and PC level aren't on the same scale, so you can get a power boost by targeting PCs with it. You still get the extra HP pool if you cast it on skeletons, but I don't think that's worth concentration, a 4th level slot, and 4 SP.

Esker

Hero
Divine Soul is a subclass that I find really interesting and want to try out, but it's tough to come up with many new metamagic synergies from the cleric list. There are a number of touch spells that can become ranged using distant spell (Inflict/Cure Wounds, Bestow Curse, Contagion), and situational spells that could benefit from Twinning (Restorations, Revivify, etc.), ... I guess making Aid or Death Ward last 16 hours has some value, since you can use leftover slots the night before and still get 8 hrs out of them the next day, but doesn't seem worth a metamagic pick. And Subtle is always fun: Animate Dead, Geas... But most of these are pretty situational. Quicken Spirit Guardians followed by Twinned Lightning Lure, to bunch up as many creatures as possible so you can get within 15' ft of them? What synergies have you come up with?

FrogReaver

Divine Soul is a subclass that I find really interesting and want to try out, but it's tough to come up with many new metamagic synergies from the cleric list. There are a number of touch spells that can become ranged using distant spell (Inflict/Cure Wounds, Bestow Curse, Contagion), and situational spells that could benefit from Twinning (Restorations, Revivify, etc.), ... I guess making Aid or Death Ward last 16 hours has some value, since you can use leftover slots the night before and still get 8 hrs out of them the next day, but doesn't seem worth a metamagic pick. And Subtle is always fun: Animate Dead, Geas... But most of these are pretty situational. Quicken Spirit Guardians followed by Twinned Lightning Lure, to bunch up as many creatures as possible so you can get within 15' ft of them? What synergies have you come up with?

Twinned healing spells work well.

Remove ads