• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen gave a soft frustrated sigh. "Perhaps a bit less volume on your responses, lest you call your captors back- and have us all in the cell together." She turned and shot a worried glance back the way they had come, just in case. Then she returned her attention to the prisoner.

"Nice necklace, friend. How about you give us a little better look at it? Then I can see what we can do about this lock..."

OOC: Still running Diplomacy +11, Sense Motive +7; If he is willing to show the necklace, Jehen will turn her attention to the lock, though her Open Locks is only +4

Comically throwing both long fingered hands over his bearded mouth, the half elf whispers from around them, "Sorry!"

Peering down the tunnel, looking over the heroes shoulders, the prisoner's eyes involuntarily shifted to Jehen as she asked about a necklace and a pale skinned hand floated up to his neck, as long callosed fingers picked at his ratty collar, pulling forth the silver chain of a necklace, a pendant of some kind shifting under his shirt as the man explained, "A gift from my good Father, upon the day he bequethed me these caves."

ooc; anyone else can make sense motives if they like, as well...

[sblock=jehen]
his words don't seem false to you and indeed, have a ring of truth
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen nodded her head lightly, as if acknowledging each word the man said. With one hand she made a gesture of 'keep going'- it was obvious she had as much interest in what pendant might be on the end of that necklace as she did in his words. She did, however, spend one brief instant glancing at her compatriots, as if taking their impressions of the fellow.

OOC: While we see who is actually still with us, Jehen will use her Detect Magic as well.

serow

First Post
Sense Motive (1d20-1)=15

Raekz cocks his head at the half-elf's words, listening to him while being pretending to be on the lookout for more trouble from the back. He paces the area slowly, eyes gazing over the cell. "Strange room, this. A cell this big... I wonder what it would be used for normally. Obviously not you."

Focusing on the hobgoblin, the half-elf becomes distracted, pausing in completing his reveal, and instead responding, "Oh no! This was a back storage room."

[sblock=raekz]
the half elf's words sound false to your ears, this room may be more than it seems
[/sblock]

Nodding his head vigorously, the ragged half elf confirms the shorter adventurer's comment.

[sblock=raekz]
unable to locate any horse hair or hay or debris that would mark this as a storage chamber. you can't do a search, as you'd have to actually be in the room and touch things with your hands.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads