DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Stepping back a bit further, Jehen moved into the light of the lantern and rummaged in her pack long enough to dig out the scroll she had found in the other room. At this point they were running out of easy options...

OOC: Try to ID that scroll from the barracks stash- will try Spellcraft first (+12 vs. DC 20+spell level?), if that fails, she will use Read Magic. Can she assess the lock and hinge assemblies well enough to ascertain whether they are totally out of her league (ie. can she tell if even taking 20 would fail?).

Jehen scans over the lock and hinges before stepping back and whipping out a scroll, scanning over it.

[sblock=ooc jehen]
the lock seems out of her league, the hinges would require some major muscle to break. the scroll is of the spell Mount
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC- GM: [sblock] How much muscle? Like maybe a light horse, backed by two strapping young hobgoblins? Assuming, that is, we can get the hobgoblins to agree- and assuming that Jehen could actually use the scroll successfully? [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen shook her head for a moment- it wasn't all she had hoped for, but it might be enough. "If you will beg our pardon for a moment, friend," she spoke soothingly to the captive. "It appears we must consult for the briefest of moments- while the simple route is closed, we may do something more... clever." With that, she gestured for the others to join her, stepping back far enough to avoid eavesdropping.

Once the others moved back (if they wished to) Jehen spoke quietly. "This scroll may allow us to summon up a horse, for a bit of time. If I can make it work, that is... Between that, and the strength we have, with a bit of rope and luck we may be able to burst that cell. So the questions I have are thus: Does anyone have another idea? Or an improvement to this one? And do we want to expend such effort and resources to rescue this one fellow? On that, at least, I'd vote yes. What say the rest of you?"

OOC: The scroll is of Mount- between that and our two burly hobgoblins, we may have enough brute force to tear the door off the frame, or the frame from the wall. Maybe... especially if the lock or hinges are weakened in some way (like acid or acidic fire applied in a critical spot). On the other hand, that is a lot of expenditure with no guarantee of return, so I'm asking for votes or other ideas...

hornedturtle

First Post
354b says, "It couldn't hurt to try to take appart the hinges first. Failing that brute force may be the best option."

Diable device +3 to take apart a hinge

hornedturtle

First Post
occ:no thieves' tools and no training in disable device, that's why i thought craft first. He does have a warforged repair kit, which might help in disassembling a hinge.

serow

First Post
Raekz raises his lips in utter amusement. A horse, and two hobs. What a way! "Well, I'm all for the brute force method, considering it sounds as such ridiculous an idea that it grows on me. Just let me know how you'd like my muscle applied." Raekz then takes a step back to let 354b try his attempt at finesse first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads