• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen took one quick look around the place, letting herself get a sense of the building, and of the scene. With a sigh of relief, she slipped off her heavy backpack and leaned it just inside the door. She turned for a moment, glancing at the others briefly. "Raekz, Kaz, this message station is closed for a short while while we get the investigation underway. I believe you ought to be suitably impressive warding the door." With a whispered phrase of draconic and a languid gesture of one black-gloved hand, she turned her attention to their "employer"- behind the dark-lensed spectacles her eyes had taken on a reddish glow. "Now, if you would introduce us to your compatriot- I already like her name..." Her voice still had the same uncanny, compelling tone it had held earlier- at once soothing and demanding.

OOC: Rolls/crunch: [sblock] Listen 1d20+3= 14, roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1622899/ ; invoking See the Unseen- Beguiling Influence is already active. Let me know when the Spot/Search/etc. rolls ought to start. I'll throw out a proactive Diplomacy roll, in case it is needed; 1d20+11= 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1622903/[/sblock]

serow

First Post
Raekz looks at the place. Messy. But expensive. And for a small sending station too. How mighty indeed, the houses. Hopefully they pay as well as they spend.
Jehen said:
"Raekz, Kaz, this message station is closed for a short while while we get the investigation underway. I believe you ought to be suitably impressive warding the door."
Raekz raises an eyebrow at her words, and looks at Kaz for a moment, shrugging his shoulders. "As you wish," he replies, taking two steps towards the door but no further. He bends down and looks at the floor a moment, trying to see if he can figure out any sort of prints.

[sblock=OOC]Listen 3
Search 17
[/sblock]

krappleby

First Post
Alton looks at the mess, as he slowly enters the message station, checking for any tell tale signs out in the open.

"mmm, seems like some body was in a hurry to find the documents you are talking about, may we speak to your apprentice, to find out what happened. I have a few question i would like to put forth, and im sure the remainder will have a question or two also."

he points around to the gathering.

"Do you have any inclins, as to possible suspects, anything you may think is superficial may be of benefit to keen intelects like myself and others"

He states, before proceeding to take a more thorough look through the ranshacked sending station. paying close attention to each of the letter racks in turn

[sblock=OOC]
Listen (1d20+9=14)
search (1d20+7=17)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mornokai's demeanor seems to shift as he lays eyes upon his hunched apprentice, though she quickly straightens and composes herself, as the older gnome nods at the group and replies, 'Jehhna will answer your questions, please approach.'

Turning to Alton specifically, Master Etchstone takes a deep breath and seems to ponder before responding, 'I've been thinking of that very question since I first walked in on this nightmare, but for the life of me, I can think of no one. We live in a quiet neighborhood here, all of our customers are friendly and satisfied with our work here. I still don't even see the value in what they took.....Besides ruining us!' The gnome shakes his head, descending into anxious worry as he calls, 'Jehhna! Come tell these folks your tale, they're here to aid us.'

As the group fans out and begins to investigate the scene, the gnomish apprentice turns, her long blond hair twisted into a thick braid that wraps around the back of her skull; she is quite beautiful with full lips, soft olive oil skin, and almond shaped lavender tinged eyes that match her skirts. Unfortunately, a large ugly bruise, fat lower lip, and puffy red rimmed eyes have marred the beauty beneath. It's obvious she's been struck, hard.

[sblock=Jehen & Alton]
Listen check succeeds; upon entering, you hear the faint sounds of weeping coming from the apprentice
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alton]
Search check succeeds, though it takes a few moments, upon moving to the back wall and checking the cubbies, you find a small carved item inside one of them; a miniature wooden rose painted a ruby red color
[/sblock]

[sblock=Raekz]
Search Succeeds: Upon one corner of the blue rug, near the entrance to the shop, you find a few stains of mud
[/sblock]

serow

First Post
"Well, some prints here," says Raekz, squatting near the door. "Though what help they might provide I can't say for certain, but at least it's a small lead of sorts. Better than nothing," he adds, with a shrug.

Walking back over towards the main group, he looks at the battered apprentice and gives her a reassuring smile. "What a brute to have done this to such a lovely lady! Unforgivable!" Stepping a little closer to her, he continues in a softer voice, "Now Jehhna, I might not be much of a healer, but I've been in my share of fights. Your wounds here will fade away soon, and you'll be as pretty as a flower again." He pauses a moment, before continuing.

"Now, my name is Raekz and we're professional troubleshooters, hired to take care of this problem. If you could tell the whole tale for us, we'll solve it. Don't leave out any detail, no matter how small you might think it is."

krappleby

First Post
Alton reaches into the cubyhole and pulls out the miniture carved ruby red rose, studying it intently "mmm, Interesting piece of woodwork!"

[sblock=OOC]
Clue Analysis (1d20+7=18)
[/sblock]

He then proceeds accross the room to study the footprints found by Raekz.

[sblock=OOC]
Clue Analysis stains (1d20+7=21)
[/sblock]

"looks like our perpitrator has left us some clues, Would you like to question the assistant, i will get on with analysing these clues"

With that Alton proceeds to study the two items found so far.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Looking at Jehen with daggers in his eyes, Kaz will nonetheless go and stand just inside the door, leaning against it, while sharpening his greatsword, while the others continue their investigation.

Seeing Jehhna's injuries, Kaz's face contorts in anger as he mutters "Only a coward would strike an unarmed female. I will enjoy paying them back."

[sblock=Rolls]
Not sure if it's too late, but

Listen (1d20+1=14)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kaz]
roll succeeds; when you first came in, you heard Jehhna softly crying
[/sblock]

The bruised woman turns weary red rimmed eyes upon the group and responds, 'I'll tell you everything that happened, but first let me hear your questions, so I don't leave anything out.'

Glancing at Jehen, the gnome gives a small nod of hello, obviously interested in the only other female in the room; though the aura of mystery around the human seems to help some too.

ooc; 'finder, you can use your previous diplomacy roll in your interaction with the apprentice, if you like. feel free to make other checks as you deem appropriate. Alton, you had to spend some time searching the cubbies and it will take even more time to perform the actions you asked for, so please be patient

[sblock=354b]
please let me know if you're looking anywhere specifically. in general, you are able to see the a few mud stains on the corner of the large blue closest to the exit that the others have noted
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads