• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krappleby

First Post
Alton tilts his head as he remembers some old stories, he heard many many months ago. Holding the rose in his right hand and flicking it forwards, as if trying to flick something off the top of it, he states under his own breath “A Ruby Rose, where have I heard that remark before…..” he pauses for a moment, before his eyes seem to open wider “ah Yes, the stories. That’s where”

Turning towards the gnome and the assistant he continues, “Do not worry yourself, I think I may have an incl in as to who may be behind this, The problem is finding them.” He turns to the assistant in particular

“I know you have been through hell in the last few hours, but is there anything that could help, a distinguished voice, or what the clothing looked like, anything at all would be a great help. Please excuse my pertinence” He then proceeds to the stains on the floor.

Kneeling down to get a better look, Alton is seeing if there is any particular marks that may be allocated to a specific item or the direction of the stains etc.

Clue Analysis stains (1d20+7=21) (OOC - see lower records)

hornedturtle

First Post
Having found nothing interesting in the mud stains 354b stands up from his kneeling position. He begins to scrutinize the room even harder then he was before. As he is looking around the green in his eyes starts to swirl and the green gems in his body gently glow. (casting Detect Psionics)

occ: Is that a better description?

ooc; that's perfect! I'll let you know what your detect psionics finds momentarily, but please let me know what part of the room you're concentrating on, as you detect in a cone, not a burst.

[sblock=354B & Jehen]
Detect Magic/Psionics reveals all magical auras on your fellow adventurers (check out their sheets for this info) as well as a single moderate aura shining through the ceiling floorboards, it's obviously on the 2nd floor somewhere, out of sight. Jehen can also detect that 4B is using psionics, while 4B can detect that Jehen is under the effect of an arcane spell like ability (but not what ability)
[/sblock]

hornedturtle

First Post
"Mornokai what's up stairs? Anything magical?" asks 354b as he focuses on the magical aura through the floor.

occ: I was just scanning around with the detect and now I'm focusing on the thing upstairs for the next few rounds. The spell will probably run out soon.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As Jehen had hoped, the apprentice went through the story once before the serious questions started- it was so much easier to read someone when they were speaking at their own pace. She stepped over to the apprentice's side, crouching down beside her to put the gnomish woman more at ease. She kept her voice quiet and calm as she spoke in gnomish.

(In gnomish) [sblock]: "There, there little sister. It will all be all right. We're here to help. We've no real healer, but those bruises look like they'll heal up just fine, and we'll take care of the rest. Those rather dangerous-looking hobgoblin fellow are a lot more dangerous than a few smash-and-grab thugs, i can tell you that much, and the rest of us are skilled investigators. So relax, and answer our questions as best you can, and we'll get right to work." [/sblock]

With that said, she switched back to the common tongue. "Now Jehhna, my name is Jehennaddy'Ashta- most people just call me Jehen. So our names are nearly alike, and we both work for the great Houses. That makes a us a lot alike, don't you think? I want to help you, and these other people want to help too. You said there were a half-dozen of them, all wearing red hoods, and one was a half-orc, another human... Is that right? Did you have any idea of the rest? Were any of them women, or of an unusual race? Did any of them speak at all?"

OOC: Diplomacy 18 (from earlier, post 31); and she will add a Sense Motive (1d20+7= 21); let me know when additional rolls are needed. Do the red hoods sound familiar (Know- local or something else, maybe?)

pathfinderq1

First Post
hornedturtle said:
"Mornokai what's up stairs? Anything magical?" asks 354b as he focuses on the magical aura through the floor.

Jehen turned from her questioning for just a moment, speaking a few quiet words. "That is most likely the Sending Stone, the working heart of the message station's business. A very complex and powerful device... And possibly the grain of an idea." She looked over at the older gnome. "If these messages were recently received and still being put together for pick-up, might it be possible to have the other station resend them? You could say the ink ran, or some similar trivial mischance. Even if we can't recover the whole text, part of it might be helpful."

OOC: Not sure how automated the send/receive process is for things like this, but I know it isn't a physical sending- does the "sending" station immediately dispose of the original copy?

Master Etchstone seems deep in thought, not responding to the warforged for a moment.

Meanwhile, the apprentice's eyes narrow as Jehen begins to speak in her native tongue, but seems pleasantly surprised and responds in kind, the tone of the lip smacking language thankful,
[sblock=gnomish]
Thank you for your kindness, dear Lady. It was a harrowing experience, but I shall be the better for it, I hope.
[/sblock]

Taking a deep breath, Jehhna switches back to common, responding, 'I believe they were all humans, save for the half orc...you tall folk seem all alike sometime, though none were women. Their hoods were up, as well. One was thin, mayhap an elf. None spoke, save the half orc and he simply commanded them to find 'the papers'. Then they tore the shop apart...'

Looking to her Master to answer Jehen's complicated question, Mornokai finally snaps out of his reverie and nods, commenting in a professorial voice, 'While the inner workings of our House are restricted to it's members, I can tell you that we at Sivis strive hard to preserve the secrecy of our sacred charges. I transcribe the majority of letters myself at our stone as I was trained. I was disciplined enough to learn the use of the sacred sending stone, and so I was trained the thought techniques; to transcribe a message and then forget it completely, to preserve our customer's privacy."

Giving a final nod, as if that settled the matter, Master Etchstone waves his hand for the group to continue.

Jehhna, gazing at the hobgoblin warriors, gives Raekz a friendly, if weak, smile.

ooc; 'finder, I hope the NPC explaination answers your question. as for know local; red hoods is too vague of a description.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads