• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DM Bloggers

thekindgm

Villager
I am a blogger but I haven't decided if I should write about my sessions yet. I usually record my sessions with a small voice recorder so that could help me a lot if I decide to do it.
If I do it, I'll probably do it as a narrative. This way my players will be able to remember things they may have forgotten and also let them see the situations they've encountered from my perspective.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I maintain a journal in an informal narrative style which is shared with the players. When I have enough in the bank, and if they're up for it, I'll post it to my RPG blog.

Gilthanis

First Post
This is indeed an awesome community! Thanks everyone!

I've been considering a specific format to capture both the story and the game mechanics, especially the "lessons learned" that both new DM's and players can learn from. After all, experienced players make great DM's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdzoch

Explorer
I post mine as session reports on RPG Geek.

My session reports have an after action review feel to them. I include some DM notes: DM Tools and a Creature feature. They are written as a narrative of the session, but they include some tips for other DMs who read them. I do not give anything away so when my players read them, it does not spoil the next session.

I also has a series of reports on my young son's game which he DMs. It is called Adventures in my Kid's Campaign. I also include discussions with my son about his experiences as a DM at the end of each session report. It is pretty popular on the site.

RPGG has tons of session reports ranging from D&D games played homebrew, play by video/voice, play by forum, and adventure paths. There are also many other session reports for other rpgs. Some are really good. Some are short and sweet. Some are laid out like a newpaper magazine. And, of course, some are blah.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads