• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Genie: where to get updates

Ydars

Explorer
Hi! I just downloaded the excellent DM Genie, after hearing its virtues extolled in another thread.

The problem is this: the main programme doesn't appear to have many of the feats and spells in it, particularly from the spell compendium. Is there some central place where I can find user created content to fill this gap? Where should I look and what should I avoid? I am after fully scripted stuff.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Ydars

Explorer
Thanks Avin, but that is what I already have!

The problem is that the version as sold has none of the Spell Compendium Spells in, nor does it include any but the core feats.

So I am looking to see if anyone already inputted this stuff in (and it is not simple) before I try doing it myself.

malraux

First Post
Yahoo Groups has a decent selection of boards wherein people have created a lot of custom content. My experience with 3e electronic aids like DM Genie has been that non-core stuff is often a pain to deal with.

catsclaw227

First Post
If you join the genieslamp and the geniesbottle yahoo groups, you will find all kinds of content to import into DM Genie. Many of the zip files require a password to open, that references a page and word in teh book you are getting content from, but the updates are good.

Look for BoShek's stuff. YOu might have to do some scripting to make some of the thigns work, but there's a lot of scriping advice available out there.

I don't know how I DMed mid-high level 3.5 D&D without it. It can handle ALL the math you need.

Remove ads