D&D 5E DM Minion 5E Released

Grogolem

First Post
Whenever I create a clone of a creature it syncs the new stats I put in with the original I cloned from. I would like to be able to just clone a creature and then edit the stats to make a unique version. But with the way it is now, editing the clone changes the stats of the original.

Edit: Now I went to edit the traits of a newly created custom creature and none of the buttons are working and I cannot navigate to any other screen. All I see is "[+] Traits [X]" in the top. Lost some of my work...

Last edited:

goathead82

First Post
Whenever I create a clone of a creature it syncs the new stats I put in with the original I cloned from. I would like to be able to just clone a creature and then edit the stats to make a unique version. But with the way it is now, editing the clone changes the stats of the original.

Grogolem, yuck, this is a bug. I was able to reproduce it and we will get a fix posted asap. Based on what i've seen you can work around the issue by saving and then loading the adventure after cloning should "unlink" the clone from the original. They shouldn't be "linked" at all to begin with so we will get that fixed.

Grogolem

First Post
Wow, that was fast. Before I complain anymore (lol) I want to make sure I commend you on being so hands-on with these comments and working to fix these bugs. Also to say that this is an awesome tool!

So, it looks like when I create a new creature and then I go to edit its traits, sometimes it shows the traits from the previous creature I viewed. Then, once I have edited the new creature to delete the old entries and add the correct ones, I go back to the previous creature and it now has the traits I put in for the new one.

goathead82

First Post
Wow, that was fast. Before I complain anymore (lol) I want to make sure I commend you on being so hands-on with these comments and working to fix these bugs. Also to say that this is an awesome tool!

So, it looks like when I create a new creature and then I go to edit its traits, sometimes it shows the traits from the previous creature I viewed. Then, once I have edited the new creature to delete the old entries and add the correct ones, I go back to the previous creature and it now has the traits I put in for the new one.

Grogolem, Thanks!

Yep, while looking at the stat issue, I noticed that the same issue is effecting anything in the source monster that is stored in a collection will have the issue. I am fixing them all. The same work around should apply to them as well. Either way they will be fixed next update.

Grogolem

First Post
Grogolem, Thanks!

Yep, while looking at the stat issue, I noticed that the same issue is effecting anything in the source monster that is stored in a collection will have the issue. I am fixing them all. The same work around should apply to them as well. Either way they will be fixed next update.

Gotcha.
Another thing is that some enemies roll up 0 HP (due to low constitution) Minimum HP should be the number of hit dice rolled. So, if HP = 2d6 -2 and it rolls snake eyes, it currently gives 0 HP to the monster (should be 2 because no individual HP die roll can ever be 0)

(is there a better place you'd rather me be submitting these bugs to you? Or should I keep posting them here?)

goathead82

First Post

Edit: Now I went to edit the traits of a newly created custom creature and none of the buttons are working and I cannot navigate to any other screen. All I see is "[+] Traits [X]" in the top. Lost some of my work...

Both issues are fixed and an update has been posted for android and desktop, ill post ios will be coming soon.

goathead82

First Post
Gotcha.
Another thing is that some enemies roll up 0 HP (due to low constitution) Minimum HP should be the number of hit dice rolled. So, if HP = 2d6 -2 and it rolls snake eyes, it currently gives 0 HP to the monster (should be 2 because no individual HP die roll can ever be 0)

(is there a better place you'd rather me be submitting these bugs to you? Or should I keep posting them here?)

Ok, ill take take a look. sending an email to bugs@goatheadsoftware.com would be the best place to submit issues.

goathead82

First Post
Great new update for DM Minion 5E is on the way!

added monsters and spells from hoard of the dragon queen
added logic for monsters with regeneration
added selection of damage type for actions choose damage type
enhanced scrolling of actions/traits with long descriptions
added number of actions/traits to combat card
fixed bug where charging would show when it shouldn't
fixed bug where sacred flame spell would cause a crash
other bug fixes

shayneb

First Post
I would absolutely love this as a web app, or something I could use on a Windows machine. It looks nice and is regularly improved upon, but I can't use it much on my phone's tiny screen.

Remove ads