• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM problems

Idayen Relanite

First Post
You ever feal that if you don't go along exactly how the DM wants that he finds a way to quickly kill you? well, thats me. I have had my current character live for about 5 sessions now, but it gets old playing 1 dimensional plot where you have no room to express yourself without the DM hating it and killing you. There arn't any RL campaigns besides this one that i've been able to find either :(. I'm currently searching for an online campaign, but hard to find one within the time that i can play.

any suggestions?

Start your own? Have you looked at a local game shop to see if they have a gamers seeking gamers board of some kind, or anything like that?

Arnwyn

First Post
Agreed with Olive - you got any more info for us?

If it becomes too unpleasant a game, I agree with JD and suggest to start your own game with you as DM.

Idayen Relanite

First Post
examples, we are stuck in the middle of no ware, and our sail has been burnt in a fight. We see a ship, and row to it. It is abandoned and i ask if it has a sail, he says yes, i say i try to climb up and get it. He responds thats impossible and stupid, roll 5 successful DC 26 balance checks and 2 successful knowledge sailing checks DC 24. I failed my 3rd balance check, he rolls the dice, and says you take 55 falling damage. I say i just died, oh well, then moves on as if nothing happened, and i'm stuck sitting around for next 4 hours while they play and not allowed to reenter because it is impossible while they are slaves......

since then it's been a running joke everytime someone does something dumb.... not as dumb as falling off the mask of a ship....just not fun to play most of the time...

example 1 out of 8ish times i died in campaign with 15 sessions

I've attempted to DM before, but i'm not very good at it i think, I am not that good at making the NPC's feal real enough. But most people like the fights :p.

Thanks for all the nice sites , i'll check them out, thanks...

the Jester

Legend
Sucks, man. Do the other players feel the same? Cause if they do, you may be able to get one of them to start dming.

I'll add to the chorus suggesting that you look for other ENWorlders... there's a gamers seeking gamers board here. Where are you located? :)

Darklone

Hehehehe, I thought at first glance this thread would be about problems while DMing... Too bad. Gotta whine elsewhere. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads